GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Colorado Clutch Help

Well, I think I've bitten off more than I can chew. I planned to replace the clutch in my 76 Blazer by sliding it back a bit. Unfortunately, it looks like the thing needs to come all the way out. Anyone in the front range area with some clutch experience? I'm not sure I have the confidence to continue working on it alone. Will, of course, pay for beer, food and gas for however long it takes!

Moved this to the new Colorado forum. Anyhow?

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    * I've been saying for years that I was going to change my username, and I finally did.

Sorry, no experience there. Have you tried youtube? Very pleased with some of the stuff I've tackled myself with instructional videos.
    Charles 02 z71 Cladded Avy
    Mods: eBay k&n Intake, highflow magnaflow cats & y pipe, 6" FabTech lift, 35" Pro Comps, Superchips #2715, SnugTop, 4.56's, MOOG front end
    Wishes: LQ4 + a beefed up 4L60E

Found a nice vid on YouTube and a step-by-step online. Everything has one smoothly up until I needed to tip the engine back to slide the tranny. Darn engine won't tip, even with the engine and transfer case weight hanging from it. Neither the video or step-by-step mention loosening the motor mounts, so at another conundrum. At least I'm a bit farther than a couple of weeks ago!