GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Cell Phone and Driving

Anyone in California????? Did anyone get a ticket yet for driving with a cell phone. I saw on the news if you bring your ticket in to this one cell phone store, they will give you a free bluetooth.
    STEPHANIE
    Los Angeles, California
    2004 Trailblazer (DJM drop kit, K&N air intake, 18' Kaotic Wheels, full system with Sirius and also custom
    sub installed for cleaner look, tint all the way around, JBA exhaust...still looking for more to do)

Had until it was stolen:
    1990 lowered Chevy Silverado
    Also Have:
    2002 Chevy Suburban
    1992 Chevy S-10
    1955 Chevy Bel Air
    sad to say: also a 1991 Ford F-250

Quote Originally Posted by asstda2b View Post
    Anyone in California????? Did anyone get a ticket yet for driving with a cell phone. I saw on the news if you bring your ticket in to this one cell phone store, they will give you a free bluetooth.
    Similar laws have been passed all around the country. Studies have shown that any inattentive driving can cause accidents, like tuning the radio or even a deep conversation with a passanger. I think people are smart enough to live w/o extra laws like this, cops have enough to do.

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    Follow Us Please: facebook.com/gmtruckclub | twitter.com/gmtruckclub
    Support GMTC: Help the site, contribute today

Blog Entries

Washington State just passed that law as well. I own a bluetooth and use it while driving (when I remember to) but my favorite is the hands-free calling through Onstar.
    Darcy
    Washington State
    2006 Silverado 2500HD LT3 4X4 CC SB Duramax LBZ
    Tuff Country 6" lift, 35" Toyo M/T's on 20" Ultra Peacemaker wheels, Quadzilla Stealth2 programmer, Diamond Eye 5" cat-back exhaust, factory Special order color Yellow.

I absolutely hate seeing people talking on the cell phone and doing stupid stuff on the road. Such as cutting people off, driving slow, sitting at green lights, etc. All because they feel their conversation on the phone is more important.

Around here you see people on the phones 24/7. I mean, who is everybody talking to at 5am?! Is there some national registry where you can find a phone buddy that you can call up and talk to when you're bored? I mean, seriously.

However, I don't like that idea of giving cops yet something else pointless they have to do as well. But if the law gets people to hang up the phone every once in awhile and pay attention to driving for a change, hopefully it'll work out.

2009 GMC Sierra Denali AWD

it is illegal in jersey now too i think, but i dont know about that whole free bluetooth thing
    PETE
    95 GMC Sierra 2500
    3" Body Lift, 33" Goodyear MTR's
    5.7L 350 TBI Edelbrock SDT Exhaust, Flowtech Headers, K&N Intake
    Sold :(
    1999 Jeep Cherokee, 3" Rustys lift, 33" BFG MT's, locked, armored: Rolled :(
    2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited. K&N Intake, Custom Kolak Exhaust

Contact this GMTC Moderator for any problems or questions you may have :great:

Join the GMTC Facebook Group!!! Join Here

Default Jawbone 2 rules

I bought the new Jawbone 2 with "noise assassin"
    Check out the youtube demo. It is an awesome bluetooth headset.
    [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AxGVH39rlFQ[/media]
    There is no way to happiness....happiness is the way.:yipi:
    http://kx6ijq.blu.livefilestore.com/y1pcOFVNH4ix1hjyGUVyXK5LRfef7qSeWzlZDorpQhIEfkZ2ZA  _vXMYypuKMJFw671uF2ZPhjez_j-atRmcjM2zQKpQi1JSsB75/burb1.JPG
    High Desert SoCal
    93 K1500 burb (personal) 350 AT 3" Lift 250K+
    02 Honda Civic LX
    Looking for a 1990's Miata for an engine swap

Quote Originally Posted by omegafiler View Post
    I absolutely hate seeing people talking on the cell phone and doing stupid stuff on the road. Such as cutting people off, driving slow, sitting at green lights, etc. All because they feel their conversation on the phone is more important.

Around here you see people on the phones 24/7. I mean, who is everybody talking to at 5am?! Is there some national registry where you can find a phone buddy that you can call up and talk to when you're bored? I mean, seriously.

However, I don't like that idea of giving cops yet something else pointless they have to do as well. But if the law gets people to hang up the phone every once in awhile and pay attention to driving for a change, hopefully it'll work out.
    i completely agree with you. On the way home from work, i will drive behind a car going slow and leaving these huge gaps between the car in front of them, or they will stop really far back when they see brake lights, as soon as i can pass them, i see they have a phone to their ear and barely watching the road. seriously, the traffic here sucks already and they just make it worse.
    STEPHANIE
    Los Angeles, California
    2004 Trailblazer (DJM drop kit, K&N air intake, 18' Kaotic Wheels, full system with Sirius and also custom
    sub installed for cleaner look, tint all the way around, JBA exhaust...still looking for more to do)

Had until it was stolen:
    1990 lowered Chevy Silverado
    Also Have:
    2002 Chevy Suburban
    1992 Chevy S-10
    1955 Chevy Bel Air
    sad to say: also a 1991 Ford F-250

Sr. Engineer
    Blog Entries

I found a ford van that has a cell phone with a round cross out over it on the back with "Shut-up and Drive!" as the caption.

Pulled up along side and what is the driver doing with a cell phone in his ear.... Go Figure.. I honked at him..
    2009 Chevy Sliverado Std cab 5.3, 4 speed Auto 2wd, Trifecta Tuned
    1926 Model T Bucket powered by Chevy LS 5.3 TH350 and S-10 rear axle Build period Sept 7, 2010 to April 2011
    1979 Starcraft Islander 221 Great Lakes Fishing Boat
    SOLD: 2006 Chevy HHR The Deer Slayer.