GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Question LED lights/bulbs

Am wondering about installing some LED bulbs in my 2013 Avalanche.. Can I simply replace stock bulbs (brake/turn/tail etc..) without any modification? I'm not real familiar with the electronics systems of these new vehicles but I do hear that they're very sensitive. Am wondering about voiding my factory warranty by installing non-factory electrical equipment (?)

Thanks!!

Are you looking at any one type of led unit over another? For a 2013 Avalanche I think you can get led replacements ... However I went looking and oddly enough im having a hard time.

http://www.superbrightleds.com/cat/l...acement-bulbs/

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    Follow Us Please: facebook.com/gmtruckclub | twitter.com/gmtruckclub
    Support GMTC: Help the site, contribute today

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

becareful of the cheaper bulbs and keep an eye on your dash lights Some LED's have a resistance that the GM's do not like and you will see your ABS and other lights go on in your dash..

If you do want a great looking tail light check this out from IPCW Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF9038.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	42.2 KB 
ID:	55762Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF9039.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	44.1 KB 
ID:	55763Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1523.jpg 
Size:	41.7 KB 
ID:	55764
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

Quote Originally Posted by Enkeiavalanche View Post
    becareful of the cheaper bulbs and keep an eye on your dash lights Some LED's have a resistance that the GM's do not like and you will see your ABS and other lights go on in your dash..

If you do want a great looking tail light check this out from IPCW Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF9038.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	42.2 KB 
ID:	55762Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF9039.jpg 
Size:	44.1 KB 
ID:	55763Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1523.jpg 
Size:	41.7 KB 
ID:	55764
    That looks great!

if your planning to use stock taillights but LED bulbs, you will need to wire up resistors to the turn signal bulbs. (had to do this with my dads 04 Avalanche) we wired up led bulbs into the sail panels for brake/turn signals.