GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Finding Engine & Tranny Compatibility, & Common "Parts Car" Years

hey all, the ol 1500 was a salvage, shes got 250k+ on her, and shes gettin tired. I want to start looking for the engine and tranny now, but I need to know some more info. like, what is the compatibility as far as changing engine size in my truck, and also trans. Where can i find this info? And also, is there somewhere that I can find a list with the years of vehicles that would have these engines & transmissions? Currently I have the following: 2001 silverado 1500 non-hd, 4x4, 5.3, 4l60-e tranny. thanks in advance for your help!
    2001 silverado 1500 non-hd, 4x4, 5.3, 4l60-e tranny

Quote Originally Posted by j_v_z View Post
    hey all, the ol 1500 was a salvage, shes got 250k+ on her, and shes gettin tired. I want to start looking for the engine and tranny now, but I need to know some more info. like, what is the compatibility as far as changing engine size in my truck, and also trans. Where can i find this info? And also, is there somewhere that I can find a list with the years of vehicles that would have these engines & transmissions? Currently I have the following: 2001 silverado 1500 non-hd, 4x4, 5.3, 4l60-e tranny. thanks in advance for your help!
    The Link below, may be able to help answer some of your Questions, Regarding "is there somewhere that I can find a list with the years of vehicles that would have these engines & transmissions? "

Link,
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chevrolet_Silverado

MIKE

99"SILVERADO
    5.3 l 3.73 l G80
    BLACK BEAR CUSTOM TUNE
    SNUGTOP l COLORMATCH l KATZKIN