GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Thread: Lift kits

Default Lift kits

How much lift is to much lift

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

Thats all up to you? What look are you looking for? What do you want in a lift? Looks, Ride, Wheel'in, Bigger tires? Less MPG's?
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

I'm just looking tp see what others like I just want a 2" leveling kit

I say it depends on what else you plan on doing. If you put on a 6" lift and do nothing else. It will look silly and out of sink. I would like to go 4" but as of right now I have a 2.5 leveling. I have no rake what so ever. I like the that fine for now.
    Tim Walters (Curky)

Wrangler AT/S 265/70R17 - Trail-FX window vents - Husky fitted splash guards - Silver Star zXe - Leveling kit -

The leveling kit was all I did on mine, it was all I wanted on this truck, I have gone big before, but dont want that anymore. I do still drool over a good lift and respect what they did to get it there.
    Life is short compared to history

Rick (summitwhite11)

With your truck, crank the torsion bars up a little. Then add a bock out back to level.

Quote Originally Posted by erickirby12 View Post
    How much lift is to much lift
    This is setup like a Jeff Foxworthy redneck joke.

If you're able to look straight into a 2nd floor Window ... from your pickup truck ... You might have too much lift.

If your local airport tells you that your truck is a hazard to low flying aircraft. ... You might have too much lift.

If astronauts orbiting the earth can see your truck with the naked eye ... You might have too much lift.

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    * I've been saying for years that I was going to change my username, and I finally did.

I guess it all comes down to what everyone wants in a lift my buddy got a leveling kit and he is fine with it another friend is sitting at a four inch lift and thinks its perfect my bro is at 7.5 and im about to move up to 9 on mine if I don't have it sold before the snow melts

Fabtech/Banks Ram Air |Fuel Off Road/ 315/70/17 duratracs |Hyper tech / Spencershids |
    Color Matched Bowtie |15% Tint on Front Windows|20% Tint on Back Windows

Chevy Ridin' High
    "Black rims are as cool as a boner at a swim meet"