Results 1 to 3 of 3
10-27-2013, 08:59 PM #1
- Join Date
- Oct 2013
Is bumper to bumper warranty transferrable?
I am about to buy a used Suburban (2013) and have a question about warranty. Two sources so far have managed to confuse me completely.
It seems clear from this one (http://www.gm.ca/gm/english/services...ited-warranty#) that the powertrain 5-yr warranty is transferrable but there is no mention if the 3-yr bumper to bumper is too. They have (purposely?) not answered that question in the FAQs either. Does it mean they are trying to quietly screw the new owners of slightly used cars (less than 3yrs and below 60k kms) out of the b2b warranty?
Does someone know for sure? thanks
Basic Warranty Coverage (including tires)
- First 3 years or 60,000 km, whichever comes first, coverage against defects in material or workmanship.
- Tire Coverage – The tires supplied with your vehicle are covered against defects in material or workmanship (wear-out is not considered a defect).
Powertrain Component Warranty
- First 5 years or 160,000 km, whichever comes first.
- $0 deductible on repairs.
- Warranty is fully transferable at no extra charge.
- Engine Coverage (some exclusions).
- Transmission/Transaxle Coverage (some exclusions).
- Transfer Case Coverage (some exclusions).
- Drive System Coverage (some exclusions).
Last edited by yogi799; 10-27-2013 at 09:38 PM.
10-28-2013, 07:33 PM #2
yes you get the balance of the unused 60,000 or 3 yr ... go to a dealer and inquire about one of their used 2012 or 2013's that have under 60,000km and ask. Or look on the internet and call and ask about how much of the new car warranty is left...
I purchase a used 2009 that had 25,000km on it and had warranty work done, no problems...Finally a signature and Avatar! I also posted some pics in the Gallery.
2011 2500HD Crew Cab 4X4 Z71 6Liter.
2011 Outback Travel Trailer 260FL
So Happy to not be on the edge of GVWR Over Load!!
10-28-2013, 09:14 PM #3
I agree, it is transferable. That being said, if you purchase at a dealer I would look into getting an extended b2b warranty.
1995 Silverado 4x4
6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge
2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)