GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default New from Virginia 95 2500 4x4

Well I'm new to this forum but not to browseing the boards. I am also a member at ltxtech.com a forum for ltx based and swapped vehicles and hrfbody.org which is a local group of fbody enthusiast.

I currently live in Hampton, Va. but I'm a native Texan born and raised. I live with my 2 daughters 2 and almost 5 and my wife who is currently prego with my first son. I do a veriety of things at my job mostly commercial roofing from rubber to spray foam and when the weather is too bad to roof I also do asbestos abatement. when im not working i spend time with my family or working on building my 94 camaro. As a family we like to watch alot of tv series from True Blood to Sons of Anarchy and many in between. My camaro is a slow project mostly due to money lol. Currently in the process of a Lloyd Elliot ported stock heads and custom grind cam LT1 m6 build along with a major weight reduction and firebird dash swap.

As for my truck it is a single cab 8' bed Chevy 2500 4x4 TBI350 and 700r4. Has a 3" body lift with 33" all terrains and a brush gaurd. Although its probably no ideal I use it as a daily driver. Its a beater but even with 215k miles it doesnt miss or smoke. The trans is losing reverse but I was able to aquire a fresh rebuilt 700r4 with the truck just need to swap it in. For any easy 1000 bucks i couldnt pass on it and ironically I bought it from the same guy that sold me my Z28.

Other than the trans the issues are/were pretty minor. It had a power steering leak which i think i fixed today with the good used hoses the previous owner included in the sale. The radiator hose that goes from the driver side to the intake manifold had been cut short due to a leak and was bungie corded tp clear the altinator but he also included a brand new one that istalled today. The worst and most obvious while driving issue is the passenger side upper ball joint is shot and make cornering a pia. The last some what major issue is the abs module is shot and the brakes aren't up to par.

I've been browsing the local craiglist and parts seem to be fairly cheap to come by for these old trucks so I will be deal hunting as soon as i get the wifes car ready for inspection and can free up some extra dollars.

Well I hope to find some good knowledge and also contribute as best I can here.
    Thanks for reading,
    Chris Kerr

I will add pics from my phone since I cant seem to get them from my phone to the computer lol.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1382923396601.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	62.1 KB 
ID:	55802

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1382923424856.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	58.2 KB 
ID:	55803
    Here's a couple of my 96 trans am I just got rid of.

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1382923515654.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	20.6 KB 
ID:	55804

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1382923541273.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	23.4 KB 
ID:	55805

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1382923515654.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	20.6 KB 
ID:	55804
    As soon as I get a chance I will post up my Z28
    2003 Tahoe 4x4 blacked out with 5.3L and small lift.
    1995 K2500 Single cab 3" body lift...on its way to the grave soon.

And the only pic of my z I could find for the moment.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails uploadfromtaptalk1382928584524.jpg  

Welcome to the site. You look like an old pro for sure.

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    Follow Us Please: facebook.com/gmtruckclub | twitter.com/gmtruckclub
    Support GMTC: Help the site, contribute today

Welcome to the club!! I want that truck!!!! Im looking for a 95 because here in NY if you have a 96 or newer they have to plug into the computer and all the sensors have to be working and no engine light can be on. 95 and older doesnt matter. Well it seems impossible to keep the engine light off vehicles after about 6-7 years. a 95 2500 would be perfect for me for plowing and a winter truck.. Anyways I have to get rid of another vehicle before I find my 95..

2011 Silverado CrewCab 5.3L*Ram Air Look Cowl Induction Reflexxion Hood*6" Pro Comp Lift*Flowmaster Dual exhaust*Perfect Launch Rear Diff. Cover*Led Smoke Taillights*L.E.D.Smoke 3rd Brakelight*60" L.E.D. Tailgate Bar*Rearview Mirror Reverse Camera and Sensors*Smoke Headlight Covers*Front Bumper Grill Insert*Deezee Black Alum. Diamond Rail covers*20" Ultra Motorsports Rims wrapped with 35.5"B.F. Goodrich Tires*Inchannel Raingaurds*CAI*Bullydog GT Tuner*Alpine Amp*Boss 6x9's*Boston Acoustic Subs*Terrantula Tweeters*Custom Sub box*Red Led Interior Accents*5% Ultimacool duo tint rear window and doors, 20% front doors*Custom Vinyl Graphics*Demolded*Debadged*Painted drums and calipers*
    Future Mods Include: Custom Interior Hydrographics, Electronic Rollup Toneau Cover, 4.56 Gears, Painted rear bumper

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    Welcome to the site. You look like an old pro for sure.
    Thanks for the welcome.

Far from a pro but I come from a long line of people too broke to pay people to work on there cars so we have DIY mentality lol. Fortunately for me having places like this in the palm of my hand gives me the ability to troubleshoot much easier and faster than my predecessors LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by the phantom View Post
    Welcome to the club!! I want that truck!!!! Im looking for a 95 because here in NY if you have a 96 or newer they have to plug into the computer and all the sensors have to be working and no engine light can be on. 95 and older doesnt matter. Well it seems impossible to keep the engine light off vehicles after about 6-7 years. a 95 2500 would be perfect for me for plowing and a winter truck.. Anyways I have to get rid of another vehicle before I find my 95..
    Oddly enough even with the high mileage and being 18 yrs old the check engine light never stays on. It will pop on every now and then but goes tight back off.

BTW if anyone would kindly point to a thread about electric fan swap on these model trucks I'd greatly appreciate it. I did a search but searching threads thru tapatalk doesn't always work well LOL. I have an extra set of electric fans left from my trans am part out and was interested if they would work.

Legend

Blog Entries

Welcome to the Club!!!

See if this thread helps....
    http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...highlight=swap

Mike (Denver, CO) - 2008 Sierra 1500 Z71 SLE 5.3L 4WD

SUSPENSION: Rancho 4" Suspension Lift; Rancho RS9000XL Shocks; Rancho Skid Plates; Rancho MyRide Wireless Shock Controller;
    TIRES:
    BFG All Terrain KO 315/70/17
    DRIVE TRAIN: 4.56 Gears; Detroit TrueTrac Differential; True Cool 40k Transmission Cooler
    PERFORMANCE: DiableSport Predator Tuner; Custom Tuned by Diablew; Magnaflow Exhaust; AFE Cold Air Intake
    ELECTRONICS: Kenwood DNX6180 Touchscreen; Subthump box w/10" Kicker; Driver Information Center (DIC); Rear View Camera
    ACCESSORIES: Westin Brush/Grill Gaurd; Westin Nerf Bars; Truxedo Tonneau; 20% Tint; Tow Mirrors w/Heat & Signals

Quote Originally Posted by mfleetwood View Post
    Welcome to the Club!!!

See if this thread helps....
    http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...highlight=swap
    Posted there but im hoping to find one a little closer to my year model.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast