GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default 2013-2014 Hunting Season thread

Who's going hunting this year ... or already gone?

We want to hear stories. We want to see photos.

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    Follow Us Please: facebook.com/gmtruckclub | twitter.com/gmtruckclub
    Support GMTC: Help the site, contribute today

Waiting for shotgun season to start.... opens Nov 16th here for me in NY... Got 2 doe permits and can shoot one with horns..so 3 total. Im due for a couple this year since last year I got skunked for the first time in several years.. Hopefully a big wall hanger is in my near future

2011 Silverado CrewCab 5.3L*Ram Air Look Cowl Induction Reflexxion Hood*6" Pro Comp Lift*Flowmaster Dual exhaust*Perfect Launch Rear Diff. Cover*Led Smoke Taillights*L.E.D.Smoke 3rd Brakelight*60" L.E.D. Tailgate Bar*Rearview Mirror Reverse Camera and Sensors*Smoke Headlight Covers*Front Bumper Grill Insert*Deezee Black Alum. Diamond Rail covers*20" Ultra Motorsports Rims wrapped with 35.5"B.F. Goodrich Tires*Inchannel Raingaurds*CAI*Bullydog GT Tuner*Alpine Amp*Boss 6x9's*Boston Acoustic Subs*Terrantula Tweeters*Custom Sub box*Red Led Interior Accents*5% Ultimacool duo tint rear window and doors, 20% front doors*Custom Vinyl Graphics*Demolded*Debadged*Painted drums and calipers*
    Future Mods Include: Custom Interior Hydrographics, Electronic Rollup Toneau Cover, 4.56 Gears, Painted rear bumper

Im a waterfowl-er, but havent been out yet this year because of the move. Hope to get out during late season goose though
    -K&N Air Filter

Our gun season opened today (2 previous weeks were bow and black powder). It is 4 weeks long, planning a "walk in the woods" on Wednesday.
    Ray

'09 Avalanche LTZ - Black
    '05 Envoy XL (sold)

Quote Originally Posted by RayVoy View Post
    Our gun season opened today (2 previous weeks were bow and black powder). It is 4 weeks long, planning a "walk in the woods" on Wednesday.
    Last Wednesday? Or this next Wednesday?

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    Follow Us Please: facebook.com/gmtruckclub | twitter.com/gmtruckclub
    Support GMTC: Help the site, contribute today

Shotgun season starts here December 2nd for two weeks then the remainder of the year is black powder season. I will be participating in both. Hoping for a little snow for the hunt.
    Last edited by BRB46; 11-02-2013 at 07:22 PM.
    2006 Silverado 1500 5.3L ecsb Z71,afe pro s dry air filter, color matched tailgate handle and bezel,color matched front bow tie, led interior illumination, 5000K HID lows, Black powder coated wheels, Blacked out body side moldings, Rough Country 2.5" level/lift kit, Magnaflow muffler

Quote Originally Posted by BRB46 View Post
    Shotgun season starts here December 2nd for two weeks then the remainder of the year is black powder season. I will be participating in both. Hoping for a little snow for the hunt.
    Snow?? For what tracking blood?...just need to make the first shot count..my hunting teacher when i was a kid said one shot dead deer, two shots might be deer,three shots no deer.lol

2011 Silverado CrewCab 5.3L*Ram Air Look Cowl Induction Reflexxion Hood*6" Pro Comp Lift*Flowmaster Dual exhaust*Perfect Launch Rear Diff. Cover*Led Smoke Taillights*L.E.D.Smoke 3rd Brakelight*60" L.E.D. Tailgate Bar*Rearview Mirror Reverse Camera and Sensors*Smoke Headlight Covers*Front Bumper Grill Insert*Deezee Black Alum. Diamond Rail covers*20" Ultra Motorsports Rims wrapped with 35.5"B.F. Goodrich Tires*Inchannel Raingaurds*CAI*Bullydog GT Tuner*Alpine Amp*Boss 6x9's*Boston Acoustic Subs*Terrantula Tweeters*Custom Sub box*Red Led Interior Accents*5% Ultimacool duo tint rear window and doors, 20% front doors*Custom Vinyl Graphics*Demolded*Debadged*Painted drums and calipers*
    Future Mods Include: Custom Interior Hydrographics, Electronic Rollup Toneau Cover, 4.56 Gears, Painted rear bumper

I went opening weekend of dove season on Sept. 1 but didn't get any birds.

I went again two weekends ago at the very end of dove season and got about 10 birds.
    Clint (TX) 2001 Silverado LS 4.8L auto 2wd ECSB [GARAGE]
    Gasoline or gunpowder: If you ain't burning one, you ain't having fun!
    NRA Endowment Member 5 24 48 88 - Hendrick Motorsports FTW!

Not for tracking blood, but to be able to walk in without being heard for miles. Also helps to see where they have been. I only have one shot as I use an inline TC .50cal. It hasn't let me down yet.
    2006 Silverado 1500 5.3L ecsb Z71,afe pro s dry air filter, color matched tailgate handle and bezel,color matched front bow tie, led interior illumination, 5000K HID lows, Black powder coated wheels, Blacked out body side moldings, Rough Country 2.5" level/lift kit, Magnaflow muffler

yeah see Im the opposite on the snow thing. Thats why I started a thread for the perfect place to live because I Hate snow..Every time it snows here for hunting its loud because usually the snow is packy and it makes it loud as I walk over it. I prefer it to rain the night before so all the leaves are wet.. Thats my perfect scenario for me that way I can sneek up on deer which I have done several times.. a few years ago I watched a spike buck walk in near me very cautiously(he knew a few of us were in the woods) so since I decided he was too small I wanted to see how close I could get to him.. he layed down but not directly toward me but he was on a hill and I was below him. Well using a tree to kind of block his view to me I got about 25 yards away from about 50 when he originally came in. All of a sudden I saw his head jerk and there came dinner trotting up to him.. I decent 7 point that also didnt see me and I let him have it. One shot one kill. But it was a little behind where the perfect shot was I will admit. Then watched the spike try and figure out where the shot came from and was all confused.. he ran 10 yards from me down the hill and I actually took pics with my cell phone as he ran and of him before the 7pt came in.. that opening morning it was wet out but not raining.. this is my perfect hunting weather..heres the deer (little blurry but better than nothing)anyway but I cant find the pics I took of the spike .Click image for larger version. 

Name:	7 point2009.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	69.4 KB 
ID:	55950

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast