GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 Last Post byLast Post by

Quote Originally Posted by the phantom View Post
    So. Cal would be nice but its too much like NY Gun laws suck, taxes are high, and emissions for vehicles are the worst.
    I have considered Vegas ... Im just not sure really..

Texas...Hmmmmm I dont know.. I know the gun laws are relaxed, taxes low and economy is the one of the best in the nation right now.... Might have something there...As long as I can find a spot that my house wont burn down from wildfire..I definitely would be living 30-40 miles from any city.. small village ok though.
    Wildfires happen way more often in Cali. But there is plenty of room in Texas where they don't happen. North Texas is nice and has a little cooler weather.
    2003 Tahoe 4x4 blacked out with 5.3L and small lift.
    1995 K2500 Single cab 3" body lift...on its way to the grave soon.

well as I climb to the 20 year mark in my career I would like to use my work experience to relocate myself somewhere nice in weather but it seems I will sacrifice something.. First thing is leaving some family and most all my lifelong friends behind. secondly is I dont want to move where its completely flat and brown... I need some variable terrain and green trees shrubs ect.. Anything above 40-45 degrees in winter would be exceptable but this -10 for a couple weeks in January and 2 feet of snow most of Jan-Mar. is just getting old.. At 41 years old and pretty much half way to dead I figured time to switch gears here soon and live the other half of my life where I want too.

2011 Silverado CrewCab 5.3L*Ram Air Look Cowl Induction Reflexxion Hood*6" Pro Comp Lift*Flowmaster Dual exhaust*Perfect Launch Rear Diff. Cover*Led Smoke Taillights*L.E.D.Smoke 3rd Brakelight*60" L.E.D. Tailgate Bar*Rearview Mirror Reverse Camera and Sensors*Smoke Headlight Covers*Front Bumper Grill Insert*Deezee Black Alum. Diamond Rail covers*20" Ultra Motorsports Rims wrapped with 35.5"B.F. Goodrich Tires*Inchannel Raingaurds*CAI*Bullydog GT Tuner*Alpine Amp*Boss 6x9's*Boston Acoustic Subs*Terrantula Tweeters*Custom Sub box*Red Led Interior Accents*5% Ultimacool duo tint rear window and doors, 20% front doors*Custom Vinyl Graphics*Demolded*Debadged*Painted drums and calipers*
    Future Mods Include: Custom Interior Hydrographics, Electronic Rollup Toneau Cover, 4.56 Gears, Painted rear bumper

Come to Southwest Michigan. Our snows here have been pretty mild and the summers are gorgeous. Not too hot but when it does you have Lake Michigan to cool you down.
    -K&N Air Filter

I live just south of the north ga mountains and love it we get amazing weather here. I just bought 420 acres in franklin county and can't wait to build my compound. Everywhere you live will have a disaster of some sort that can come threw. I've been in earthquakes in 4 countries and lost my college house to the tornado in Tuscaloosa. Just find somewhere u love and go don't worry bout natural disasters. You can't stop them
    2009 chevy 1500 z71 4x4
    2.5 ccm level,2.5 inch rear blocks 305/60/18 coopers stt,Debadged,10 series flow w/dual exit in front or right rear tire, KN CAI, diablo InTune, 18% tint all the way around ,spec-d euro headlights with black housings,winjet smoke LED tail lights,putco LED third brake light smoked, fab fours front bumper with 10k warn winch, RK sports ram air hood
    1965 c10 swb, zz4 350 with the hot cam and fast burn heads and a 780 Holley on top, richmond super street 5 speed,restorod

I have a friend that moved from SE Michigan to Scottsdale, AZ a few years ago. He loves it. Although he says "Dry heat, my a$$" It is freaking hot. He also said that it is very expensive to live there. SE Michigan is not bad, it can get hot, we had a week of about 95 degrees this summer. The snow has been pretty mild the last few years. Heck, I don't know if we ever got more than 5" in one snow fall (I think that 5" happened one time last year) All the others were an inch here an inch there . I think that we had a total of 31". Which was like 15-20" less than normal. I actually prefer more snow, if it is going to be 15 degrees outside then it should be snowing also!

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

6. Likes jsmith4816 liked this post

Hawaii has beautiful weather all year long.
    2000 Silverado 5.3L Z71 4x4: K&N air filter, Procomp 16x8 rims, 285/70R16 Toyo AT2s, Kenwood head unit, Alpine 500.1 amp, 12" kicker, Infinity 5.25" speakers, Bilstein HD shocks, EBC GD Sport dimple & slotted front rotors w. EBC green stuff pads, Brembo slotted rear rotors & HIDs.

Michigan is out for me..Ive been there for safety meetings from the previous co. I worked for and Definitely may be headed to Silver Lake Dunes next year with my Honda 250R. I know you said mild winter but I want NOOO winter.lol If im relocating Im going where its warm. Ive worked outside all winter long for the last 20 years and also Im sick of salt eating my vehicles away.. My 10 year old Escalade is just shot from salt.. I dont mind the heat as much as humidity.. It gets in the low 90's here for a week or 2 in summer and I love it. I mean its nice to get into the ac but I have no problem working in it. Now would I want it for months on end?. no not really but I would take it over winter any day. I had snowmobiles and its really not entertainment to me to just snowmobile bar to bar which most of my buddies do and also at night and im just a deer target on machines at night..LOL Hit 2 on my rocket.. Not into skiing although I do know how and did ski as I grew up (And even can get in for free whenever I want since my stepfather is a manager at a ski resort)
    Hate shoveling my porch and sidewalk off after working in it all day and have to come home from work get in the truck and plow... Oh yeah cant forget getting 10-12 cord of firewood cut split deliver to my house in my dump truck, dump it, stack it. Clean the chimney out uugghhhh the list goes on..... JUST SICK OF IT!!!! OOOPPPSSS sorry for the venting guys

Quote Originally Posted by the phantom View Post
    Michigan is out for me..Ive been there for safety meetings from the previous co. I worked for and Definitely may be headed to Silver Lake Dunes next year with my Honda 250R. I know you said mild winter but I want NOOO winter.lol If im relocating Im going where its warm. Ive worked outside all winter long for the last 20 years and also Im sick of salt eating my vehicles away.. My 10 year old Escalade is just shot from salt.. I dont mind the heat as much as humidity.. It gets in the low 90's here for a week or 2 in summer and I love it. I mean its nice to get into the ac but I have no problem working in it. Now would I want it for months on end?. no not really but I would take it over winter any day. I had snowmobiles and its really not entertainment to me to just snowmobile bar to bar which most of my buddies do and also at night and im just a deer target on machines at night..LOL Hit 2 on my rocket.. Not into skiing although I do know how and did ski as I grew up (And even can get in for free whenever I want since my stepfather is a manager at a ski resort)
    Hate shoveling my porch and sidewalk off after working in it all day and have to come home from work get in the truck and plow... Oh yeah cant forget getting 10-12 cord of firewood cut split deliver to my house in my dump truck, dump it, stack it. Clean the chimney out uugghhhh the list goes on..... JUST SICK OF IT!!!! OOOPPPSSS sorry for the venting guys
    Southeast is your best bet IMHO

Quote Originally Posted by ahmitchell1 View Post
    I was in GA last year like 2nd week in November and the weather was nice there. unfortunately we were only there 2 days to pack up my girlfriends dads ashes and pack up what we could and tow his car back to NY. Wasnt all that pleasant of an experience.. Maybe western South Carolina is close to what Im looking for. I would have to do some job research and see what my experience would bring me in for income..

Quote Originally Posted by ahmitchell1 View Post
    Agreed here, IMO it has to be NC, TN, or SC, but second thought so many Northerners migrate down south you should just stay up there
    2002 Chevy Silverado & 1995 Ford Bronco

02 Silverado: 50K miles, 20" Motto Rims, Flowmaster 50 Series
    95 Bronco: 160K miles, 4" Superlift, 33/12.5/15 Mickey Thompson
    01 Civic: 75K miles, DD
    -Erik