GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last Post byLast Post by

Default Wheres the perfect place to live??

Ive been thinking lately how much I hate winter time.. I dont like the cold and quite honestly sick of getting ready for it every year.. My woman and I spend lots of money and time on our flower beds and landscaping only to enjoy it for 5 months a year and then most of it dies, goes dormant, or just doesnt look good at all. Ive lived here near buffalo for my whole life and have traveled south but havent been west of the mississippi at all. I was trying to determine if I was wanting to pack up and leave where would I go?? I wondering if there is a perfect place. well this is what I would be looking for if such a place exists..

I dont want to see no snow... If I do it would be a rarety and probably only be at night and like I said RARE!!
    Cant be at risk for out of control fires...like forest fires or the devastation thats seen in California,Nevada,Texas, and even Colorado and some of the other surrounding states..
    I dont mind the heat but the humidity that makes it impossible to enjoy anything outdoors is out so the far south like Florida,Alabama, Louisiana ect. is out.
    Wouldnt want to be in high risk area for Tornadoes and Hurricanes so the east side of the carolinas is out and the states in the plains like around Kansas is out too..

Is there any place in the US that has basically no chance for natural disaster?? And is like 50-80 degrees all year long so we can enjoy landscaping and not have to get ready for cold..BBBRRRRRRRRR watch our vehicles rot away in 10 years from salt.

I dont know but if there is such a place that a 50k year job can support nicely, Im looking at a 5 to 10 year plan to move there..

2011 Silverado CrewCab 5.3L*Ram Air Look Cowl Induction Reflexxion Hood*6" Pro Comp Lift*Flowmaster Dual exhaust*Perfect Launch Rear Diff. Cover*Led Smoke Taillights*L.E.D.Smoke 3rd Brakelight*60" L.E.D. Tailgate Bar*Rearview Mirror Reverse Camera and Sensors*Smoke Headlight Covers*Front Bumper Grill Insert*Deezee Black Alum. Diamond Rail covers*20" Ultra Motorsports Rims wrapped with 35.5"B.F. Goodrich Tires*Inchannel Raingaurds*CAI*Bullydog GT Tuner*Alpine Amp*Boss 6x9's*Boston Acoustic Subs*Terrantula Tweeters*Custom Sub box*Red Led Interior Accents*5% Ultimacool duo tint rear window and doors, 20% front doors*Custom Vinyl Graphics*Demolded*Debadged*Painted drums and calipers*
    Future Mods Include: Custom Interior Hydrographics, Electronic Rollup Toneau Cover, 4.56 Gears, Painted rear bumper

Lower AZ, Scottsdale area!
    -K&N Air Filter

Quote Originally Posted by jsmith4816 View Post
    Lower AZ, Scottsdale area!
    Dry heat there isn't it?? Might have to look into it. Dust storms maybe..Ha I will never have my cake and eat it too.

I am in the same boat, onlya bit further north in Ontario, Canada......so, I cant get much better than this as I am not allowed to move south. I have been to Arizona a few times and must agree. It is great there during the winter....I understand it gets pretty warm in the summer though.

1997 GMC

Yeah its dry heat, but almost every house has AC and a pool. However, your garden, may be a little different from in NY. I have been both south and west and would say AZ is better.

Legend

Blog Entries

In addition to AZ, you may want to consider So California....it can be affordable if you live inland far enough. Or, Las Vegas if you want to be near some action.

Mike (Denver, CO) - 2008 Sierra 1500 Z71 SLE 5.3L 4WD

SUSPENSION: Rancho 4" Suspension Lift; Rancho RS9000XL Shocks; Rancho Skid Plates; Rancho MyRide Wireless Shock Controller;
    TIRES:
    BFG All Terrain KO 315/70/17
    DRIVE TRAIN: 4.56 Gears; Detroit TrueTrac Differential; True Cool 40k Transmission Cooler
    PERFORMANCE: DiableSport Predator Tuner; Custom Tuned by Diablew; Magnaflow Exhaust; AFE Cold Air Intake
    ELECTRONICS: Kenwood DNX6180 Touchscreen; Subthump box w/10" Kicker; Driver Information Center (DIC); Rear View Camera
    ACCESSORIES: Westin Brush/Grill Gaurd; Westin Nerf Bars; Truxedo Tonneau; 20% Tint; Tow Mirrors w/Heat & Signals

Texas!!! A lot of variety. Beaches, hills, desert, forest, etc etc.
    2003 Tahoe 4x4 blacked out with 5.3L and small lift.
    1995 K2500 Single cab 3" body lift...on its way to the grave soon.

Quote Originally Posted by mfleetwood View Post
    In addition to AZ, you may want to consider So California....it can be affordable if you live inland far enough. Or, Las Vegas if you want to be near some action.
    So. Cal would be nice but its too much like NY Gun laws suck, taxes are high, and emissions for vehicles are the worst.
    I have considered Vegas ... Im just not sure really..

Texas...Hmmmmm I dont know.. I know the gun laws are relaxed, taxes low and economy is the one of the best in the nation right now.... Might have something there...As long as I can find a spot that my house wont burn down from wildfire..I definitely would be living 30-40 miles from any city.. small village ok though.

Legend

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by the phantom View Post
    So. Cal would be nice but its too much like NY Gun laws suck, taxes are high, and emissions for vehicles are the worst.
    I have considered Vegas ... Im just not sure really..
    You're definitely right with those points...I lived in CA for 12 years.

Vegas could be fun if you like to gamble every now and then or want to see a great show....and it'll probably still be reasonably priced a few years down the road.

There is a reason that so many people live in socal. The weather is nice all year compared to other places and you can get to extreme heat or mountains and snow in just a few hours. Very expensive though.

Northern Arizona and New Mexico are the same. You can get snow in the winter and nice not too hot summers. Plus you can drive to snow, etc.

Dfw and South don't get much snow at all and can be brutal in the summer. Often over 100 for weeks and snow often just a couple of days per year. Far North Texas and Oklahoma get colder and an increased chance of snow every 50 miles north you keep going ... until somewhere in Kansas City or Nebraska where you always get snow.

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    * I've been saying for years that I was going to change my username, and I finally did.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last Post byLast Post by