GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by stchman View Post
    It funny you mention it, the owners manual for my Silverado says the crew cab short box 1500 has a 26 gallon gas tank.

I have ran the fuel tank down to where the needle is below empty and I only put back in about 23.5 gallons.

The best I have gotten total miles out of a tank was about 410 miles.
    I'm on the opposite of that. My truck is supposed to have a 26-gal tank but I have ran it to E and put 27.5 gallons in it one time. I got right around 400 miles a tank when it was new but now it gets 350 at best.
    Clint (TX) 2001 Silverado LS 4.8L auto 2wd ECSB [GARAGE]
    Gasoline or gunpowder: If you ain't burning one, you ain't having fun!
    NRA Endowment Member 5 24 48 88 - Hendrick Motorsports FTW!

My '99 LS Sub gets about 20-21mpg. Drove it from Plano, TX to almost the AL/GA line 732 miles before I chickened out and out more gas in it.
    "American by birth, Southern by the grace of GOD"

Quote Originally Posted by BQS4 View Post
    My '99 LS Sub gets about 20-21mpg. Drove it from Plano, TX to almost the AL/GA line 732 miles before I chickened out and out more gas in it.
    Nice. Still stock?

Quote Originally Posted by USAF-Suburban View Post
    Nice. Still stock?
    Yes Sir, and it's right at 200K on the odo

Good deal. You're doing something right brother.

Canadians.

A recent study found the average Canadian walks about 900 miles a year.

An other study found Canadians drink, on average, 22 gallons of beer per year.

That means, on average, Canadians get about 41 miles to the gallon.
    Ray

'09 Avalanche LTZ - Black
    '05 Envoy XL (sold)

7. Likes mfleetwood liked this post
    Legend

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RayVoy View Post
    Canadians.

A recent study found the average Canadian walks about 900 miles a year.

An other study found Canadians drink, on average, 22 gallons of beer per year.

That means, on average, Canadians get about 41 miles to the gallon.
    One of the best posts I've seen in a while

Mike (Denver, CO) - 2008 Sierra 1500 Z71 SLE 5.3L 4WD

SUSPENSION: Rancho 4" Suspension Lift; Rancho RS9000XL Shocks; Rancho Skid Plates; Rancho MyRide Wireless Shock Controller;
    TIRES:
    BFG All Terrain KO 315/70/17
    DRIVE TRAIN: 4.56 Gears; Detroit TrueTrac Differential; True Cool 40k Transmission Cooler
    PERFORMANCE: DiableSport Predator Tuner; Custom Tuned by Diablew; Magnaflow Exhaust; AFE Cold Air Intake
    ELECTRONICS: Kenwood DNX6180 Touchscreen; Subthump box w/10" Kicker; Driver Information Center (DIC); Rear View Camera
    ACCESSORIES: Westin Brush/Grill Gaurd; Westin Nerf Bars; Truxedo Tonneau; 20% Tint; Tow Mirrors w/Heat & Signals

Haha @RayVoy.

Anyway, I wish my truck could average over 350 a tank but this stop and go traffic really sucks here in va beach. Alot of times I will average 14-15 mpg with a 5.3 again insert . I've filled up from empty and put 21 gallons in, above empty and put 23. Must be the fumes and vapor lock in the tank. Need to replace a pi$$ed off oxygen sensor so my CEL light will go off.

If at first you don't succeed, chances are, you are using too small of a cheater bar

Current:
    1999 GMC Sierra SLT Z71 | 5.3 Vortec | Spectre Cold Air Intake | TransDapt TBS | Hypertech 30005 Tune | 2005 Chevy Tails | Denali headlights | AWS Bug Shield | 265/75/16 Mastercraft Courser A/T | "Ghetto" painted tailgate | Boss HD Speakers | 2005 Overhead Console | Dual Thrush Turbo Mufflers
    Future:
    Bigger Amp Alternator | Electric Fans | Oil/Trans Fluid cooler | Re-done exhaust | Paint | Interior Restoration/upgrade with newer model stuff | Window Visors (In channel) | Tint | Low-Profile Tool Box | LEDs throughout stock cab locations | And whatever is spurr of the moment
    US Navy Sailor :sign0011:

Quote Originally Posted by rileyjr16 View Post
    Haha @RayVoy.

Anyway, I wish my truck could average over 350 a tank but this stop and go traffic really sucks here in va beach. Alot of times I will average 14-15 mpg with a 5.3 again insert . I've filled up from empty and put 21 gallons in, above empty and put 23. Must be the fumes and vapor lock in the tank. Need to replace a pi$$ed off oxygen sensor so my CEL light will go off.
    I had to replace all 4 of my 02 sensors on my '99 Sub, found them on www.amazon.com for just under $120 for all 4 and replacing them was easy. Didn't mean to hi-jack the thread....

Sr. Apprentice

Get 20-22 mpg in my 89 Burb. If I'm hauling my small trailer (less than 5k) then I'll get ~17-18 mpg. Around town, a measley 13-14 mpg, if I'm lucky. The longest I've gone between fillups was 800 miles, while looking for an open gas station the last 50 miles on the highway. In town usually fill up at about 400. Having a 37 gallon tank is nice.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12