GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Miles on a full tank

My 99 Suburban gets about 630 miles to the tank. Is that about average for these 96-99 Suburban with a 44gal tank?

I wish I got 22 mpg. But I couldnt tell you if thats normal for a burb. (Nevermind my math skill was a failure here)
    Last edited by dsfloyd; 10-29-2013 at 03:34 PM.
    David
    2004 Silverado 2500 Crew Cab 4x4, AMSOIL EA air filter, Granatelli MAF sensor, Throttle body spacer, Magnaflow exhaust (true dual to 2 in 1 out muffler), 6" ProComp lift (add a leaf and 5" superlift rear block), Bilstein shocks, 35's (Cooper Disoverer ST) and 4.10 gears, Rhino Liner, EGRUSA fender Flares and widow visors, extended stainless steel brake lines, firestone airbags w/onboard air compressor, Pioneer Avic X940BT navigation, Accel backup camera.
    http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...Silverado-2500
    1960 Land Rover Series II 88
    2001 Pontiac Sunfire
    2013 Toyota Avalon Limited (Wife's Car)
    NRA Life Member

That's about average (at least from what I'm getting). I have the 44 gal as well and I average right about 15 (sometimes a bit higher) on the highway. So, If I drive from full to bone dry and all highway I'd get 660miles out of a tank. When I bought it in 2001 with quite a few less miles I averaged right at 20 on the highway so I'd get 880 out of a full tank. So, in short yes I'd say that's right on par... Greg

I also have a 1999 burb and I get about 660 out of a tank.
    Btw are you sure thats a 44 gal tank cause I still have my original window sticker and it says 42 gal tank.

Sorry I dont know what crack I was smoking when I put 22 mpg in my earlier post (dang public school, I cant even use a calculator right)
    David
    2004 Silverado 2500 Crew Cab 4x4, AMSOIL EA air filter, Granatelli MAF sensor, Throttle body spacer, Magnaflow exhaust (true dual to 2 in 1 out muffler), 6" ProComp lift (add a leaf and 5" superlift rear block), Bilstein shocks, 35's (Cooper Disoverer ST) and 4.10 gears, Rhino Liner, EGRUSA fender Flares and widow visors, extended stainless steel brake lines, firestone airbags w/onboard air compressor, Pioneer Avic X940BT navigation, Accel backup camera.
    http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...Silverado-2500
    1960 Land Rover Series II 88
    2001 Pontiac Sunfire
    2013 Toyota Avalon Limited (Wife's Car)
    NRA Life Member

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Vincentiroc View Post
    My 99 Suburban gets about 630 miles to the tank. Is that about average for these 96-99 Suburban with a 44gal tank?

the average MPG highway is about 14-15 MPG ...

Ok! I bought my Burb in 2002 with 49,000 miles on it. Now it has 217,000 miles and still runs strong and doesn't use oil. I do all the Maintence my self. It still has the factory water pump. Replaced the fuel pump twice. Just did the front suspension( a-arms bushing, ball joints, idler arm, pitman arm, outter tie-rods, shocks, Trans, brakes and new set of tires). Also the drivers door hinge bushings. It's my HWY vehicle. The down side is the price of gas to fill it up. Here on SoCal gas is $3.65 a gallon. It's a $100 to fill it up from a half of tank.

Legend

surprised its 3.65 / gallon in California. here it is 3.29 /gal.. most times your prices are at least 50-70 cents more /gal than out here ... [oil company fuel stations]

It funny you mention it, the owners manual for my Silverado says the crew cab short box 1500 has a 26 gallon gas tank.

I have ran the fuel tank down to where the needle is below empty and I only put back in about 23.5 gallons.

The best I have gotten total miles out of a tank was about 410 miles.

2013 Silverado LTZ White Diamond Crew Cab

Mods:
    Advent OGM1 Navigation
    Husky Liners GearBox Underseat Storage
    Airaid MIT
    EGR Rail Caps
    K&N Air Filter
    Flowsound 40 Muffler
    Hypertech Max Energy Tune (only top end limiter removed and AFM disabled)
    Chrome Tailgate Handle Cover
    TonnoPro HF-155 Tonneau Cover
    WeatherTech Front and Rear Splash Guards
    Husky Liners X-Act Contour Floor Liners
    WeatherTech Side Window Deflectors

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast