GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Exhaust and bolt on mods ideas

I have a 1997 c1500 with the 5.7L. I was wanting to change out my flowmaster exhaust from a single 50 series muffler to true dual super 44 or dual 40 series.(which would sound better). also i was wanting to install some shorty headers and high flow cats but not sure what size pipe would work best to keep it sounding deep. the motor is stock for now. also wanted to know what are some good bolt on mods i can do.

with the exhaust if you go true dual, run a "x" or "H" pipe in the system to help equalize pressure. The other bolt on to go with exhaust is a Cold air intake.
    David
    2004 Silverado 2500 Crew Cab 4x4, AMSOIL EA air filter, Granatelli MAF sensor, Throttle body spacer, Magnaflow exhaust (true dual to 2 in 1 out muffler), 6" ProComp lift (add a leaf and 5" superlift rear block), Bilstein shocks, 35's (Cooper Disoverer ST) and 4.10 gears, Rhino Liner, EGRUSA fender Flares and widow visors, extended stainless steel brake lines, firestone airbags w/onboard air compressor, Pioneer Avic X940BT navigation, Accel backup camera.
    http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...Silverado-2500
    1960 Land Rover Series II 88
    2001 Pontiac Sunfire
    2013 Toyota Avalon Limited (Wife's Car)
    NRA Life Member

Which would be better or are they equal?

Quote Originally Posted by 97Prieto View Post
    Which would be better or are they equal?
    Anything that helps the motor to breath can help, but helps more if the vehicle is tuned for it. Sadly the late 90's OBS trucks can't be tuned that much because even tho they have OBDII no one makes tunes or tuners for them.

1996 Chevy Tahoe LT 5.7L V8 4X4 205,000+ miles. Built proudly at Janesville Assembly in Janesville, Wisconsin
    Basic mods: Lights all over, bunch of electrical work, and a couple cooling mods.

Check out my other mods in My Garage: http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...t-Tahoe-4-Door

Does a Cold Air Intake help the 350 that much? Just wondering, have looked at them in the past and never purchased. I currently have the basic top mount air filter with a K/N filter.