GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 Last Post byLast Post by

Quote Originally Posted by Enkeiavalanche View Post
    Very good Read I'm getting the oil changed in the next few days Just put some Seafoam in the Crank case... Good info..
    I have heard people using that Seafoam stuff. Do you add it to the gas or do you have it sucked into the intake?

2013 Silverado LTZ White Diamond Crew Cab

Mods:
    Advent OGM1 Navigation
    Husky Liners GearBox Underseat Storage
    Airaid MIT
    EGR Rail Caps
    K&N Air Filter
    Flowsound 40 Muffler
    Hypertech Max Energy Tune (only top end limiter removed and AFM disabled)
    Chrome Tailgate Handle Cover
    TonnoPro HF-155 Tonneau Cover
    WeatherTech Front and Rear Splash Guards
    Husky Liners X-Act Contour Floor Liners
    WeatherTech Side Window Deflectors

Quote Originally Posted by stchman View Post
    I have heard people using that Seafoam stuff. Do you add it to the gas or do you have it sucked into the intake?
    Both! Some add it to the crankcase oil about 100 miles before an oil change. They say not to go too much more than that because all the crap it loosens up can plug the oil filter. I am not real big on adding anything to my oil. Maybe if I had a new truck and did it from the start. When I worked in the garage every time we added some sort of cleaner to the oil the motor blew soon after. But, there are plenty of guys that use the seafoam in their oil with no issue.

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

Master Mechanic

You can add it to your oil (100 miles or less before an oil change), into your brake booster vacuum line, or into your gas tank as they all clean different areas. Another reason why you should only add it before an oil change is because it also thins out your oil.
    Objects in mirror are losing

2003 Chevy Silverado Z71, 5.3L, K&N 57 series, 2.5'' Flowmaster Super 10 series dual exhaust , Corvette Servo, McNew Automotive Dyno tune, SS gauge cluster, Extang Trifecta Tonneau, Pacesetter shorty headers, Goodmark cowl hood, Sony Xplod speakers, Kenwood DDX-470 exhaust tips, 16" Ultra Badlands polished wheels, Pirelli Scorpion ATR .

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

As said above I add it to my gas 1/2 about once a month and to the oil about 50-75 miles before a change
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

Question about the e-core filters. What years/model numbers of filters are they doing that for.

- - - Updated - - -

Also I've used Seafoam in my oil and it seemed to clean it out decently. Also used it in my tank which I hope cleaned some deposits out.

1996 Chevy Tahoe LT 5.7L V8 4X4 205,000+ miles. Built proudly at Janesville Assembly in Janesville, Wisconsin
    Basic mods: Lights all over, bunch of electrical work, and a couple cooling mods.

Check out my other mods in My Garage: http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...t-Tahoe-4-Door

Quote Originally Posted by Pikey View Post
    Both! Some add it to the crankcase oil about 100 miles before an oil change. They say not to go too much more than that because all the crap it loosens up can plug the oil filter. I am not real big on adding anything to my oil. Maybe if I had a new truck and did it from the start. When I worked in the garage every time we added some sort of cleaner to the oil the motor blew soon after. But, there are plenty of guys that use the seafoam in their oil with no issue.
    From everything I have read in MANY owners manuals, they tell you using oil additives are completely un-necessary. Also many manufacturers tell you that engine flushes can damage the engine.

Quote Originally Posted by Conlan Rose View Post
    Question about the e-core filters. What years/model numbers of filters are they doing that for.

- - - Updated - - -

Also I've used Seafoam in my oil and it seemed to clean it out decently. Also used it in my tank which I hope cleaned some deposits out.
    You can identify AC Delco E-cores as they will have the E designation in the part number, i.e. PF47E, PF52E. etc.

As far as what years/models, I have no idea. From what I have seen, the PF48s still have no E-core equivalent. I bought a whole bunch from Walmart and Amazon.

You can identify AC Delco E-cores as they will have the E designation in the part number, i.e. PF47E, PF52E. etc.

As far as what years/models, I have no idea. From what I have seen, the PF48s still have no E-core equivalent. I bought a whole bunch from Walmart and Amazon.
    Ok, good to know. So far Autozone doesn't sell PF52E filters if they exist so I don't have to worry yet. Last thing I want on my 202,500+ mile engine is a filter that is going to fall apart and not protect my engine.

Ok, good to know. So far Autozone doesn't sell PF52E filters if they exist so I don't have to worry yet. Last thing I want on my 202,500+ mile engine is a filter that is going to fall apart and not protect my engine.
    Be careful with amazon. I ordered 7 PF46 for my truck and a few of them ended up being PF46E. So, I sent them back.

Walmart has the PF52E, the only non E-core AC Delco oil fiter they have the is the PF48.

If I were you, I would buy a few PF52s and put them away.

@stchman I may do that they are less than $5 at Autozone so stocking up won't hurt. I'll keep the extras I buy for later and keep buying new ones until I can't find them.
    @Pikey I said Autozone not Amazon. I buy my oil filters in person so I can check the filter before I buy it and buy the oil at the same time.