GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 Last Post byLast Post by

www.tirebuyer.com

Just bought a set of Nitto Trail Grappler M/Ts for $300 cheaper than I found anywhere else (including tirerack, 4wheelparts, big o' tires and discount tire) and FREE SHIPPING!! Then again, it pays to have a buddy who owns his own shop for installation.
    Hotty Toddy!

I bought a set from Tire Rack on line and picked them up at one of their regional warehouses so shipping wasn't an issue. Had my local tire shop mount and balance them. They were $75 dollars cheaper than any place that carried that same tire. That was $75 per tire. i was happy with that. It was only 1 hour drive to the warehouse.
    2006 Silverado 1500 5.3L ecsb Z71,afe pro s dry air filter, color matched tailgate handle and bezel,color matched front bow tie, led interior illumination, 5000K HID lows, Black powder coated wheels, Blacked out body side moldings, Rough Country 2.5" level/lift kit, Magnaflow muffler

@BRB46 $300 savings for a couple hours of driving. Thats not a bad tradeoff.

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    * I've been saying for years that I was going to change my username, and I finally did.

It cost me about $27 dollars for fuel and the mounting and balance was also free. I couldn't pass up on that deal.

I bought mine online and wally world will mount them and provide lifetime rotation and balance! I had mine mounted by local shop though!
    2010 GMC SIERRA CREW CAB (Silver) 4x4, ReadyLift 2.5" Level Kit, 305/60/18 Dick Cepek Mud Country, Go Rhino Nerf Bars, Husky Liners front and rear, Bushwacker Bed Rail Caps, Custom tuned. 4:11's

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyA View Post
    I bought mine online and wally world will mount them and provide lifetime rotation and balance! I had mine mounted by local shop though!
    What's Walmart charge for the mounting and balancing service?

Also ... i'm guessing they have no mileage guarantee when you order online ... not that I ever got all that much out of one of those.

Sr. Mechanic

My son works at Walmart as security. He said they will only mount tires not purchased at Walmart if they are new and still have all the stickers on the tires.

It's a liability thing.

Quote Originally Posted by CKNSLS View Post
    My son works at Walmart as security. He said they will only mount tires not purchased at Walmart if they are new and still have all the stickers on the tires.

It's a liability thing.
    That makes sense. What's the cost per tire?

Sr. Mechanic

Don't know-he got his tires that he bought online mounted for free since he worked at a particular store and the main auto guy knew him!