GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

View Poll Results: Your ride is:

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Lowered

3 13.04%
  • Stock

16 69.57%
  • Lifted

4 17.39%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by no0b123 View Post
    My Silverado is lowered, only 2" in the rear so it now sets "leveled" not lowered (slammed)! Ride quality is the same to me, it will never be like a sedan so I don't try to be like one. One thing I am careful about is to not have my exhaust tip hit curbs when I back up, I think it hits now but not sure.

Anyhow, can we see some pictures of what happened to your stolen Silverado. And the story too
    Sorry it happened!
    I have a couple of pictures on my profile that i just added. my brother took out the truck one night and the next morning, i looked outside and then found my father and asked if Gus came home. he said yeah that he was in bed, so i woke him up and asked where he parked the truck. he siad right out front, and i told him well it isn't there now.

five weeks later, the police called, said i think we found your truck. up on a hill in Pacoma where this one gang like to stip trucks/cars and leave them. We went to the impound yard, and words could not decribe....

they took:

the stereo, two subs, the amp, all the wiring, the glove compartment, the battery, the custom cetnerlines, the spare tire, the front chrome bumper that was dented and ruined from when i rear ended someone, the headlights, the center console, about 800 dollars worth of cds, they even took a saw to the steering wheel (for fun or it just sliped when they were using it). and i don't know why, (but then again who cares) they kicked in every panel of the truck.

THE TOPPER:

we tow it back, put the stock tires on it, add a new battery, put in a regular stereo for the time being. a couple days after that, we take it to Warner Brother parking lot (the tv network) and someone breaks the window and steals the new stereo.
    STEPHANIE
    Los Angeles, California
    2004 Trailblazer (DJM drop kit, K&N air intake, 18' Kaotic Wheels, full system with Sirius and also custom
    sub installed for cleaner look, tint all the way around, JBA exhaust...still looking for more to do)

Had until it was stolen:
    1990 lowered Chevy Silverado
    Also Have:
    2002 Chevy Suburban
    1992 Chevy S-10
    1955 Chevy Bel Air
    sad to say: also a 1991 Ford F-250

Quote Originally Posted by zippy View Post
    Okay, from past posts, we know that Stephanie likes ground slammin' and has an attentive finger on the pulse of public opinion. Sadly, this poll is flawed since it makes the assumption that any changes will be made parallel. There are many other possibilities. I'm old enough to remember many fads in SoCal over the ages: Rear lowered, rear elevated, front lowered, front elevated, front elevated with rear lowered, rear elevated with front lowered, front and rear elevated, front and rear lowered, synchronized static adjustable (early low riders), dynamic syncro adjustable (hoppers), and dynamic fully adjustable (dancers). We don't live in a parallel world. Perhaps the poll needs an "other" option.

What should I check?
    I leveled my old Burb to an even stance... Some shackles to eliminate the "butt in the air" factory attitude. I don't think of it as being lowered nor stock. Perhaps it could be called "corrected" stock.
    Hehehehehehehehe. Yes, i do remeber when i saw trucks that would raise their butts and personally i thought they looked funny. so i guess my poll is flawed, (there has to be a techincal one in every group) hehehehehehe.

ok, steve.....lets add his 11 options and instead on lowered we'll have stephanie slammin' hahahahahahaha (i am kidding of course)

I do understand what you mean though, and you had good points. I was just trying to get a general idea of what everyone had out there, as i don't usually see that my talk on lowered trucks/suvs.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123