GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 3 123 Last Post byLast Post by

Default 2014 Chevy Silverado Cheyenne Concept Truck For SEMA

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2013-SEMA-Chevrolet-SilveradoCheyenne-047-medium.jpg 
Views:	204 
Size:	31.1 KB 
ID:	55952Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2013-SEMA-Chevrolet-SilveradoCheyenne-046-medium.jpg 
Views:	190 
Size:	33.5 KB 
ID:	55953

Looks like Chevy has more surprises for SEMA. They're going to unveil this truck tomorrow.

LAS VEGAS – The Chevrolet Silverado Cheyenne concept vehicle to be unveiled at the SEMA Show on Monday, Nov. 4, embraces the adage that less is more. The performance-oriented version of the all-new 2014 Silverado regular cab combines a reduced curb weight with the performance of the new 420-horsepower 6.2L V-8 for a strong power-to-weight ratio and exhilarating performance.

A lowered ride height, a rear stabilizer bar and Brembo carbon ceramic brakes complement the Cheyenne concept’s high-performance character with enhanced handling and braking capability.

“The Cheyenne concept explores the performance possibilities of the all-new Silverado, which is already built on a mass-efficient layout and delivers a greater balance of performance and efficiency than any other full-size truck in Chevrolet’s history,” said Chris Perry, vice president of Chevrolet marketing.

The unique lightweight features built into the concept vehicle include carbon fiber replacements for the bumpers, tailgate and inner cargo box, shaving approximately 200 pounds from the 4,503 pounds base curb weight of a 5.3L-equipped Silverado regular cab with a 6’6” box.

Cheyenne designers matched the form of the lightweight components with their low-mass function. The carbon fiber front bumper includes racing-inspired ground effects styling complemented by carbon body-side ground effects while the carbon fiber tailgate incorporates a spoiler. The hood features a Camaro Z/28-inspired extractor vent.

The Camaro Z/28 Brembo carbon ceramic brakes save more weight because the carbon ceramic-matrix rotors are significantly lighter than conventional steel rotors. On the Camaro Z/28, for example, they save more than 20 pounds – and it saves un-sprung weight, too, which enhances driving performance with more immediate and direct handling. The truck rolls on charcoal-painted 19-inch Camaro Z/28 aluminum wheels and high-performance tires.

The Cheyenne diet removes the trailer hitch, spare tire, interior center console and some of the sound-deadening material. The truck also has a lightweight aluminum driveshaft and composite rear leaf springs.

“Lightweighting is a time-honored method of making the most of a vehicle’s performance which Chevrolet has demonstrated time and again with vehicles like the original 2001 Corvette Z06 and the 2014 Camaro Z/28,” said Perry. “And like those vehicles, the Cheyenne complements its lower weight with more horsepower.”

The all-new EcoTec3 6.2L V-8 that powers the concept truck is rated at 420 horsepower and 460 lb-ft of torque – the most power in the light-duty truck segment. It’s unavailable in regular-production Silverado regular cab models, giving the Cheyenne a 65-horsepower and 77 lb-ft boost over the production 5.3L V-8. A Borla performance exhaust system adds an authoritative note to the 6.2L’s output.

What remains is the Silverado’s production six-speed automatic transmission, which features hill descent control, as well as fuel-saving electric power steering and StabiliTrak electronic stability control with hill start assist.

Inside, the Cheyenne’s performance theme is conveyed with Recaro sport seats and a flat-bottom steering wheel, similar to the steering wheel offered in the Camaro ZL1. Available safety features, including lane departure warning, front and rear park assist and a rear-vision camera, enhance safety without detracting from the truck’s performance.

All Silverado models feature a fully boxed frame that serves as the foundation for their strength and capability. The main rails and major cross members are formed from high-strength steel, providing a rigid base for maximum hauling capability.

“Elements such as high-strength steel in the frame and body structure are found on all production models, while some also feature aluminum suspension components, contributing to the Silverado’s everyday performance. With the Cheyenne concept, we’ve taken the low-mass concept to a new level – with exciting results,” Perry said.

“It is only a concept right now, but we are continually exploring new ways to give Silverado customers more.”

FAST FACT: Cheyenne was introduced as a premium Chevy truck trim level in 1971. The name also appeared a futuristic 2003 concept vehicle.

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    * I've been saying for years that I was going to change my username, and I finally did.

i dont hate this.

Alex

2011 GMC Sierra SLE 5.3 Z71 4X4 Stealth Gray Metallic / 2004 Chevy Impala LS 3.8 Cappuccino

Tow mirrors - Diablew Tuned - Flowmaster Regular 40 - Ready Lift 2.5' lift - BFG LT A/T K/Os - Carr Light Wing - TruckLite LED lights - Optima Red Top - 50% Front Window Tint - Line-X bedliner - Airaid MIT - Tekonsha P2 - ARS Billet Grill - Fia custom fit seat covers

This is what I think of when I hear Cheyenne.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1971-Chevrolet-truck-Cheyenne-trim-front-left.jpg 
Views:	221 
Size:	79.9 KB 
ID:	55954

If anyone goes to SEMA and wants to add a few pics of the new Silverado Cheyenne (which is funny to say because both "Silverado" and "Cheyenne" were trim levels for the c/k pickups) ... Please feel free to upload.

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

So knowing GM With all that power it can only tow 500 LBS and they will Never build it.. While Furd comes out with Limited F series trucks and sells every one of them for BIG Profits.... GM GROW UP AND LEARN HOW TO MARKET A TRUCK!!!!!!
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

If you look at GM truck history starting in the mid 70's this truck is right on time.
    1976 thru 1978 Chevrolet offered a short bed performance based 2wd with a 454/TH400.
    The truck eas built in limited numbers for each model year.
    In 1986/87 they again offered a 2wd short bed big block truck in limited numbers.
    From 1993 to 1997 a limited number of big block short bed xtra cab trucks were available each year, not exactly special order but they were hard to purchase as they didnt normally stay on dealer lots long.
    2003 the Silverado SS was introduced and was available in limited numbers each year until 2006.
    2006 also was the debut of the Intimidator SS which was a 1 year only run of 933 trucks actually manufactured out of an original 1333 that were planned.
    So with the sporadic production of prrformanced themed GM trucks it would appear to be the right time for another sport or performance truck.

OMG, GM, PLEASE produce this!!! I will buy!!!

I like those wheels and the blue accents on black - sharp looking.
    Clint (TX) 2001 Silverado LS 4.8L auto 2wd ECSB [GARAGE]
    Gasoline or gunpowder: If you ain't burning one, you ain't having fun!
    NRA Endowment Member 5 24 48 88 - Hendrick Motorsports FTW!

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by McClintoc View Post
    OMG, GM, PLEASE produce this!!! I will buy!!!

I like those wheels and the blue accents on black - sharp looking.

As I said above... Don't count on it...

Quote Originally Posted by Enkeiavalanche View Post
    So knowing GM With all that power it can only tow 500 LBS and they will Never build it.. While Furd comes out with Limited F series trucks and sells every one of them for BIG Profits.... GM GROW UP AND LEARN HOW TO MARKET A TRUCK!!!!!!
    its not designed to tow.
    Chuckie!!!

Legend

Or have a Load.....

X2 on what McClintoc....has mentioned above, I Really like this Concept Truck, And if GM were to move forward with Building It, I would Really look at Buying It.....

MIKE

99"SILVERADO
    5.3 l 3.73 l G80
    BLACK BEAR CUSTOM TUNE
    SNUGTOP l COLORMATCH l KATZKIN

Page 1 of 3 123 Last Post byLast Post by