GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by

Default Look at these ruts! Someone got stuck!

We took a family drive over the weekend to Grapevine Texas and looked at some of the parks and such there. Ended up going to a park with a boat launch and in the middle of the drive on the way out ... for no reason almost there was this set up ruts that just must have been an epic ordeal for someone to get out of.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20131102_175741.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	79.3 KB 
ID:	55961Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20131102_175720.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	79.4 KB 
ID:	55960Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20131102_175732.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	79.3 KB 
ID:	55959

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    * I've been saying for years that I was going to change my username, and I finally did.

Not sure why these don't orientate themselves properly when being uploaded.

They were up to my knees ... Look at the grass in the photos, that's where the land is at.

That is pretty funny. I am sure that it would have been fun to watch

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

Not sure why it looks like my first post in this thread is gone.

Dang, those are deep.
    David
    2004 Silverado 2500 Crew Cab 4x4, AMSOIL EA air filter, Granatelli MAF sensor, Throttle body spacer, Magnaflow exhaust (true dual to 2 in 1 out muffler), 6" ProComp lift (add a leaf and 5" superlift rear block), Bilstein shocks, 35's (Cooper Disoverer ST) and 4.10 gears, Rhino Liner, EGRUSA fender Flares and widow visors, extended stainless steel brake lines, firestone airbags w/onboard air compressor, Pioneer Avic X940BT navigation, Accel backup camera.
    http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...Silverado-2500
    1960 Land Rover Series II 88
    2001 Pontiac Sunfire
    2013 Toyota Avalon Limited (Wife's Car)
    NRA Life Member

Kinda reminds me of a song ...

7. Likes grampy liked this post

Can you imagine the "comments" the driver must have been making from start to finish. From the pics it looks like someone may be a candidate fro being stupid in public.

No doubt that was a truck with huge tires. Otherwise, the truck would have been high-centered on the differentials. As it is you can see a mini-rut between the 2 tire ruts where the diff drug along the ground. My guess is it was someone who wanted to go mudding and tore up perfectly good ground to have some fun.
    Christopher

1991 Chevy Suburban 1/2 ton 2WD w/ chevy SBC 350-3/4 ton drivetrain upgrade w/4.10 gears 200K miles
    2005 Saturn ION-2 Stock 265K miles
    1982 Bronco, 1993 Bronco (sold), 1971 M35A2 Deuce and a Half

There are 10 kinds of people, those who understand binary, and those who dont...

Remember kids, the only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down- Adam Savage

Quote Originally Posted by goldie View Post
    Can you imagine the "comments" the driver must have been making from start to finish. From the pics it looks like someone may be a candidate fro being stupid in public.
    Yeah ! Like, " Hold the beer and WATCH THIS !!" Seriously - a big job to fix that mess. The soil compaction down in those ruts is so bad that even after it's 'fixed", you will still be able to find those ruts years from now.

Since there appears to be no real reason for a truck to be over there Im gonna assume there was some serious dumbxxx happening.
    Another foolish truck owner that doesnt have a clue of what over 20 years of "Tread Lightly" has fought to save and achieve for off-road enthusiasts.

12. Likes Goldie liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by