GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Service 4wd

Scott2170,

I see that you are are new member, welcome! I understand that you are seeking advice from your fellow forum members. I might not be able to give you any technical advice but I would like to look into this concern for you. Please private message me if I can be of any assistance.

Jennifer T.
    GM Customer Care

Ok folks, I have one more question. I know I can go from 2wd to auto 4wd while moving down the road. Can I do the same thing with 4hi? Obviously 4lo is a big happen not gonna while moving.
    Chuckie!!!

Legend

you can go into 4wd and 2wd when driving with High gear selection. you must not go into 4wd LOW when moving more than at a crawl speed..

Quote Originally Posted by j cat View Post
    you can go into 4wd and 2wd when driving with High gear selection. you must not go into 4wd LOW when moving more than at a crawl speed..
    lol I figured as much with the 4lo. That would make for a VERY bad day lol thanks for your input

Legend

4wd low is for pulling a boat out a steep ramp or pulling a stuck vehicle out from the ditch/snow bank...

no reason to engage at a any speed. the manual does state that with the vehicle creeping along the 4wd low will engage possibly a little easier. also turning the wheels sharply in this position on solid dry pavement is not a good idea...

ok i checked all fuses and none were blown. any ideas?

Legend

I would check the transfercase fluid for level and condition. should be blue color. with the fuses good checked with meter then go to have the drivetrain codes pulled with a GM code tool. post the codes here .

if the encoder motor is stuck or reporting a improper position it will not go into 4wd.. also could be fuses/wires /connectors broken damaged

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123