GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Reasons why I have an android

1. I'm stuck in my 2 year contract (I've only been in my position for about a year)
    2. No discount on phones that are "Locked" to a carrier. and I dont feel like paying $700 for an iPhone.
    3. Rooted, 'Nuff said.

I've used Windows and Android phones from the get go. And if doing technical support for Apple has taught me anything, I will stick to what I know.

I used to work at Chryslers warren truck plant. Like Pikey said, if you were non Chrysler, and parked in Chysler only, i had to write a ticket. After 3 tickets, car gets towed at owners expense. If they parked in handicap space with no sticker, towed its not fun dealing with someone who just worked 8-10 hours and find out their car was towed. They used to boot at this site but the union reps complained about it
    -K&N Air Filter

Legend
    Blog Entries

Yes that is bad, I work for GM and I buy GM products no excuses. I look at it as profit for myself, If you drive a competitors car to my plant parking lot they give you a warning. If you do it again, you get towed and then you have to pay to get it out. My mom drove her ford ranger to work, and they gave her a warning lol!
    2004 Chevy Colorado
    LS1 5.7 swap/TBSS rear axle swap

What if you had an older classic car or truck? My dad had a 62 Dodge power Wagon that I still think fondly of. Driving that onto the lot would get a warning?

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    * I've been saying for years that I was going to change my username, and I finally did.

Quote Originally Posted by TRPLXL2 View Post
    Yes that is bad, I work for GM and I buy GM products no excuses. I look at it as profit for myself, If you drive a competitors car to my plant parking lot they give you a warning. If you do it again, you get towed and then you have to pay to get it out. My mom drove her ford ranger to work, and they gave her a warning lol!
    That is pretty funny considering that at the GM tech center they do not have those rules. As far as buying GM products, My dad has worked for GM for over 30 years, he has only ever bought GM. He said that his next vehicle will not be a GM. He is going to buy a Dodge grand caravan. GM does not offer what he needs/wants, so what is he supposed to do? Pay $28,000 for a vehicle that does not fit his needs just because he works for the company? He can get a dodge van for $24,000 out the door, loaded, with a lifetime bumper to bumper warranty. I know, everyone says, "just buy an acadia." My sister has one. It was much more expensive than my wife's van (even with my father's discount), there is not nearly as much cargo room behind the 3rd row, the third row leg room is terrible compared to the dodge van.
    In my opinion, if the company you work for makes a product that is what you need, then you should buy it from them, if they don't have what you need you should not settle for what they have you must go elsewhere.

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

If I worked for GM or ford and drove a 69 dodge super bee to work to find a ticket. I'd be pissed. Maybe enough so that I would look for another job. IMO a company has no business telling an employee what they can or can not purchase. I know Obama is in office now and things have changed drastically, but this is still considered a free country where we can buy/drive/work for whomever the hell we want. So as for the ko's question "is it bad?", heck no it's not bad.
    Chuckie!!!

Years ago (early 70s), I worked at an AMC plant. You young guys wont even know what that is. Anyways, me and my dad always had Chevys. The war vets with handicaps got preferred parking. The next lot was for management and guys who drove AMCs...Then the 3rd lot was the rest of us riff raff who drove everything else. There was no ticketting or warnings or such.
    Funny thing was the war vets....they would hobble past the gate house of the plant. Once out past that, they would tend to stand straighter and walk much faster....Cant blame them for that, just thought it was funny

1997 GMC

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12