GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default What size tire with 2.25" leveling kit?2010 sierra, I looked and looked already..

Hey guys so I looked for a while in various threads but there's not a clear answer. What size tires can I fit with a 2.25" leveling kit? Stock " holey" chrome rims, 4x4,ext cab. Would a 2.5" coil over shock be a better option rather than blocks? Tires will be nitto trail grapplers, or possibly mickey Thompson atz or mtz ,but really liking the trail grappler reviews.
    Thanks a bunch guys, hoping to get this done next week before the snow hits.
    2010 Sierra Nevada Edition
    4.8L Ext. cab - Black Z85 4x4 G80
    Shaved a couple badges and 4x4 stickers, DeeZee Red label Low Pro gloss black Brite plate cross box,DeeZee gloss black Brite plate bed rail caps , K&N,more to come.

Quote Originally Posted by Falcone View Post
    Hey guys so I looked for a while in various threads but there's not a clear answer. What size tires can I fit with a 2.25" leveling kit? Stock " holey" chrome rims, 4x4,ext cab. Would a 2.5" coil over shock be a better option rather than blocks? Tires will be nitto trail grapplers, or possibly mickey Thompson atz or mtz ,but really liking the trail grappler reviews. Thanks a bunch guys, hoping to get this done next week before the snow hits.
    year and model? You can fit up to a 285/70/17 with the leveling kit installed.
    Chuckie!!!

Sorry forgot to put it in the actual post, it's a 2010 gmc sierra ext cab 4x4 with the z85 suspension.
    Shaved a couple badges and 4x4 stickers, DeeZee Red label Low Pro gloss black Brite plate cross box,DeeZee gloss black Brite plate bed rail caps , K&N,more to come.

This what I installed to my 2010 Sierra http://www.readylift.com/products/ch...4wd-6-lug.html I mounted 33/12.50/18 dick cepek mud country tires to factory wheel and have plenty clearance.
    2010 GMC SIERRA CREW CAB (Silver) 4x4, ReadyLift 2.5" Level Kit, 305/60/18 Dick Cepek Mud Country, Go Rhino Nerf Bars, Husky Liners front and rear, Bushwacker Bed Rail Caps, SCT Programmer.

Alright, so lots of room for 33/12.5/17 then? I'm confirming what brand the kit is today, would adding a 2" block to the rear to keep the rake effect the clearance?

No! If you call ready lift, they will answer all of your concerns for free.
    2010 GMC SIERRA CREW CAB (Silver) 4x4, ReadyLift 2.5" Level Kit, 305/60/18 Dick Cepek Mud Country, Go Rhino Nerf Bars, Husky Liners front and rear, Bushwacker Bed Rail Caps, SCT Programmer.

Alright, so lots of room for 33/12.5/17 then? I'm confirming what brand the kit is today, would adding a 2" block to the rear to keep the rake effect the clearance?
    the blocks will keep it close to the factory rake, yes.
    Chuckie!!!

OK, keep the effect "NO" keep the clearance "YES"!

Yeah that's what I'm going for, basically 2" lift all around. I'm fine with it being slightly leveled but I don't want to look like I'm towing a bulldozer when I hook up one of my boats or load up with fire wood. So, 2.25" in the front and take out the 1" factory blocks in the rear and put in 3". Sound about right? Now he offers a 2.25" block for the level kit for $270, and a 2.5" coil over for $350,would the coil over be the better option? As it's a suspension lift and not just a block? I was thinking of just doing the level now and then the rear blocks and possibly blistiens all around in the spring.

Yeah that's what I'm going for, basically 2" lift all around. I'm fine with it being slightly leveled but I don't want to look like I'm towing a bulldozer when I hook up one of my boats or load up with fire wood. So, 2.25" in the front and take out the 1" factory blocks in the rear and put in 3". Sound about right? Now he offers a 2.25" block for the level kit for $270, and a 2.5" coil over for $350,would the coil over be the better option? As it's a suspension lift and not just a block? I was thinking of just doing the level now and then the rear blocks and possibly blistiens all around in the spring.
    the strut spacer is the ONLY way for you to lift the front of your truck without spending a tone of money. Blocks of same quality can be purchased at your local parts house for $50...
    Chuckie!!!

11. Thanks Falcone thanked for this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast