GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 Last Post byLast Post by

Default Ya think... : ?

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    Methinks that you might have to take it to a dealer or someone with a scan 2 tool who knows what to do.
    I may just have to go kiss-ass -- AND PAY OUT THE NOSE : ? -- to "The Dealership" afterall...

I've been an Out-sourced Automotive Diagnostic Tech for over 25 years, and not only am I stumped, but those I've gone-to for "Help" as-well -- that actually MAKE their own Wiring Harness's and PROGRAM their own PCM's -- find that for reasons they were previously un-aware their devices will not communicate with the 4.3 liter V-6...whereas I've come to find now that apparently ONLY "The Dealership" (OR one of Their "Traning Faclities" ; ) HAS what is necessary to get Our vehicles running again UNLESS We spend-the-money for THEM to verify the integrity of all commuications wiring and THEN replace BOTH the PCM and BCM at quite some incredible expense indeed!

I've done the 30-min "Re-learn proceedure" and everything else related to "Cranks, No-Start" trouble-trees that I can to try 'n revive My vehicle to no-avail ~ It is DEAD-WEIGHT today!

Today - though I have verified they are being recieved - NONE of My VTSS "conditions" are corrupt (ie; "Valid" Key-Code", < 5 v. indicated,) yet My injectors remain disabled. Also too now, ALL "Keyless Remote Commands" -- though they ARE being recieved -- will NOT actuate the door-locks, rear-hatch, "Panic", etc., which rather indicates that the BCM is for whatever reason NOW being non-responsive...

I was told by the "Tech" I bought it from that -- amongst many other things in HIS efforts to get the Jimmy running -- he'd replaced the ignition lock cylinder and BCM...I corrected a bunch of wiring He'd fouled for testing the Fuel Pump (as well as those flaws inherent It's "Grounding System" AND that "New" fuel pump He'd reportedly installed ; ) and performed the 30 minute re-learn proceedure ~ and the car RAN for three months just-fine with EVERYTHING working just-fine EXCEPT the SRS warning lamp (Air Bag System) blaring some "Communications DTC" and Overhead Dome Lamp staying ON unless "Dome Defeat" was depressed ~ and -- that I knew at that time -- that was all that the car did wrong!

However the "Security" lamp would flash consistantly KOEO AND after starting the vehicle...all VTSS and Keyless Remote System Funcitons worked otherwise perfectly! I came to learn that the BCM is used in the various "Models" of 2-door vs. 4-door & 2 w.d. vs. 4 w.d. thus IT had to be "Flashed" to the Vehcile, and because IT monitors and desiminates information that influences control of the SRS (Supplemetary Restraignt System) and "Interior Dome Lamp" (whereas the 2 door/2 w.d.version must ignore the missing 4-door/4.w.d. sensors, etc. My vehicle doesn't have...) IT needed to be checked for correct "Flash" of the controller...and THAT is ALL I ASKED "The Dealership" to verify, otherwise - if it wasn't MORE MONEY (and They said it wouldn't be) AND that DOING IT would solve My TWO SIMPLE "Complaints", I said "...then go-ahead and "Flash" the BCM".

I took it to "The Dealership" -- who damn-well KNOWS if that "Security" lamp is flashing then it WILL become disabled for Battery Disconnect OR "Programmer Flashing" ~ and now here I am DEAD-IN-THE-ROAD today : ?

FYI ~ I took mine to "The Dealership" because those I know experiened in having "Mobil Programmers" come-Flash-Car felt It best-done BY "The Dealership" ~ and it was THE DEALER that screwed Mine up, then demanded two-hours "No-Warranty" ("Blank-Check" ; ) diagnostic time "...OR We'll need to have Your vehicle removed from Our property immediatly".

Now I've REALLY got "...that GREAT G.M. Feeling"... ; )

- - - Updated - - -

Here's a link to My previous posts regarding this "Cranks, Starts, and Dies" VTSS related problem:

http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/showthread.php/130010-Dealer-quot-Flashed-quot-BCM-4-SRS-MIL-amp-quot-Dome-stays-On-quot-now-JIMMY-WON-T-RUN
    Last edited by MAD JAX; 11-11-2013 at 09:30 AM. Reason: Punctiuation and Clarity
    "Impossible" is a degree of difficulty ~ set by imagination for lack of motivation.

Thanks MAD JAX for your insight... I really don't know what to do next. Going to the dealer seems extreme, I was wondering if it would be easier to just pick up a second hand BCM for a salvage yard... I really don't know enough about this yet to even know if this is possible..
    If you keep doing
    what you did - you will keep getting what you got

Quote Originally Posted by JerseyGMC View Post
    Good morning all. For my first post to your forum I have an issue that has me stumped. I recently had my Jimmy idle for about 4 weeks during this time the battery which is rather old and with the cold weather here finally died. So I replaced it with a new one go to start but it will only crank. When I turn the key to RUN I can hear the fuel pump prime so I know it not fuel related. The only other strange thing is the only activity on the instrument cluster is a blinking Security display top middle and a red battery indicator on the lower right side. The strange thing is the gauges do not sweep at all and now the fuel gauge pointer is outside the normal sweep path. I tried to spray starting fluid into the intake but it only stuttered but did not fire up. I am thinking that maybe the OEM security system is not disengageing and will not allow the truck to start??? Is there a way to bypass the security system? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for your time and assistance.
    I don't know if bypassing your passlock system will fix your issue, but here is some info. if you just want to try to bypass it just go to youtube and search passlock 2 bypass. It is pretty easy to do. Alternatively, you can buy bypasses online or at autozone. They sell them for remote starter systems. some of the nicer bypass modules are basically automatic as far as adjusting resistance. cheap modules are adjusted by dip switches and sometimes suck to work with.

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

Thanks Pikey.. will head over to youtube and have a look...

Quote Originally Posted by JerseyGMC View Post
    Thanks Pikey.. will head over to youtube and have a look...
    Any developments on this? I recently spoke with a friend that installs remote starters and alarms for a living. He said that you can purchase a bypass and do away with the system completely. He has to do it anytime he installs a remote starter.

I had a Chrysler New Yorker that after replacing the battery you had to put the key in the drivers door and turn it back and forth three times before it would start again. I wonder if the security system in the Jimmy might have something similar?
    I like all dogs I meet, and some people too.

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

Just replaced my Battery with a new Bigger GM Ac.. Did you get it running yet? I am close if you want me to take a look.. Pm me..
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

I was way this past weekend so I have not tried the reprogram nor the bypass steps yet. Slated for this weekend coming and will update results. Thanks

OK So I finally got to try the Security reprogram steps.. they did not work. After 15 mins the security light kept flashing and the only other idiot light active was the red battery light.. to recap

We I try to start the truck, I hear the fuel pump prime, the engine will crank but will not catch, also the security light keeps flashing. no other idiot lights light up except for the red battery light.
    I tried to spray ether in to the throttle body but did not have but a little in the can what I did manage to get in did cause the engine to almost catch but then not catch..

So is it the ECM or the Anti Theft Device malfunctioning...?

- - - Updated - - -

I found this via another forum... lots of data to pour over tonight after work. Fortunatly we are heading into a warm spell here and I hope to have time to dig in..

http://www.justanswer.com/chevy/0zzj...ont-start.html

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

I'm close If you want me to check it out. Too late today but I should be home by 12 noon Tue I'll Pm you my Cell if you want me to stop by call me..