GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 Last Post byLast Post by
Results 21 to 30 of 34
  1. #21

    Default

    Ok so I got another chance to work on this. I put 2 batteries in parallel, same results. System seems to not want to go into reprogram mode. So i figured I'd push the truck down the hill until spring. Now when i put the key to ON and try to shift the gear shifter out of PARk it will not unlock. When I depress the button on the floor shifter i hear a click from the dash area but i can't ge her out of PARk, and yes I am on the brake pedal when i try... So where should I go from here??
    If you keep doing
    what you did - you will keep getting what you got

  2. #22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JerseyGMC View Post
    Ok so I got another chance to work on this. I put 2 batteries in parallel, same results. System seems to not want to go into reprogram mode. So i figured I'd push the truck down the hill until spring. Now when i put the key to ON and try to shift the gear shifter out of PARk it will not unlock. When I depress the button on the floor shifter i hear a click from the dash area but i can't ge her out of PARk, and yes I am on the brake pedal when i try... So where should I go from here??
    is it sitting on a steep incline?

    1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

    2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

  3. #23

    Default

    In reading about this. People have been saying that you need to put your key in the ignition in the on or acc position for 15 minutes ... Can't tell (they wrote it poorly) if you are or are not supposed to have the battery installed.

    Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

    Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    * I've been saying for years that I was going to change my username, and I finally did.

  4. #24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    In reading about this. People have been saying that you need to put your key in the ignition in the on or acc position for 15 minutes ... Can't tell (they wrote it poorly) if you are or are not supposed to have the battery installed.
    yes, battery installed. This is supposed to let the system relearn the resistance from the key.

  5. #25

    Default

    Nope on a flat concrete slab

  6. #26
    Legend


    Enkeiavalanche's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....
    Posts
    5,357

    Default

    Do you Want me to stop by?
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

  7. #27

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Enkeiavalanche View Post
    Do you Want me to stop by?
    I appreciate your offer.. I think at this point I will table the issue until at least after the new year... Thanks

  8. #28
    Legend


    Enkeiavalanche's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....
    Posts
    5,357

    Default

    Does not hurt to try and look at it.. Up to you..

  9. #29
    Sr. Apprentice MAD JAX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    At Large ; )
    Posts
    32

    Default

    Yo ~ JerseyGMC,

    If it's any consolation My daughters Jimmy is STILL INOP too...can't help wonder how many more of US are out-there with these DEAD WEIGHT CARS for that "PASS-LOCK" VTSS failing the way it does : ?

    Since last-I-posted ANOTHER "Programmer" has come-over to check-it-out just before X-mas -- this guy get's flown all over THE WORLD to "Tune", and He's sayin' He's got the latest version of "EFI-LIVE" to Boot-It-Up with...and then HE couldn't I.D. having a program that will access the PCM on This particular GMC 4.3 Liter V-6...then He broke the Ignition Lock Cylinder Jack'n the Key in frustration, so NOW before I can continue I've got to get IT replaced ~ just to put me back in square-one : ?

    Being at wits-end here I'm inclined to do whatever it takes to BYPASS this stupid-assed "PASS-LOCK" Anti-Theft System ~ that pretty-much TOTALS THE CAR when it fails! ~ so now I'm lookin' into that option : ?
    "Impossible" is a degree of difficulty ~ set by imagination for lack of motivation.

  10. #30

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MAD JAX View Post
    Yo ~ JerseyGMC,

    If it's any consolation My daughters Jimmy is STILL INOP too...can't help wonder how many more of US are out-there with these DEAD WEIGHT CARS for that "PASS-LOCK" VTSS failing the way it does : ?

    Since last-I-posted ANOTHER "Programmer" has come-over to check-it-out just before X-mas -- this guy get's flown all over THE WORLD to "Tune", and He's sayin' He's got the latest version of "EFI-LIVE" to Boot-It-Up with...and then HE couldn't I.D. having a program that will access the PCM on This particular GMC 4.3 Liter V-6...then He broke the Ignition Lock Cylinder Jack'n the Key in frustration, so NOW before I can continue I've got to get IT replaced ~ just to put me back in square-one : ?

    Being at wits-end here I'm inclined to do whatever it takes to BYPASS this stupid-assed "PASS-LOCK" Anti-Theft System ~ that pretty-much TOTALS THE CAR when it fails! ~ so now I'm lookin' into that option : ?
    I plan on talking with a friend tonight that installs remote starters for a living. With a remote starter you must bypass the passlock with a module. I am going to discuss with him the possibility of making the module function full time therefor disabling passlock. the only issue I see is that some of the modules require the passlock to be working so it can learn the proper resistance required for the system to work. I will update you with what I find out.

    - - - Updated - - -

    putting a bypass in will not work because it needs a working passlock to learn from. he said that he has seen this issue a bunch of times with these trucks. He knows someone who has bypassed the system, he is going to try to get a hold of him to see how to do it.

    - - - Updated - - -

    I found this, finding the correct resistance might suck as your system is inop
    http://www.kingbain.com/how-to-perma...sslock-system/

    - - - Updated - - -

    also found this on another site

    I just fixed my 2002 impala security light issue. me 2 hours, no money. Here is how the system works. The passlock sensor and the ignition switch are in series. When you turn your key you generate a low current read by the body control module. If the current generated is out of range the BCM won't recognize the signal and your car won't start for 10 min. There could be different reasons why the signal is out of range. On most of the cases the ignition switch contacts are burned out, and this will cause a voltage drop on the contact so the signal getting to the BCM is going to be lower than usual so it will be out of range. Take your ignition switch out . Once the switch is out remove the cover on the back oof the switch(it is clipped on, all you need is a flat head screwdriver). Once the cover is removed you should see 5 fairly big electric contacts. I bet at least one or two are burned out. Clean them with fine sand paper until their surface is clean and flat and make sure the steel springs pressing the contacts together are tight and are pushing the contacts firmly. If not, using pliers bend them to get good contacts. Reinstall the switch and your car should start every time. If the contacts are really bad you might have to change the ignition switch.
    I know dealers want to change every part on the car so please do not let them change the passlock sensor. The passlock sensor is a hall sensor and there is no reason for the sensor to go bad.
    Last edited by Pikey; 01-15-2014 at 02:39 PM.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •