GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Default Independant "Mobile Diagnostics" being called-in... : ?

I've NOW contacted yet another Independant "Mobil Programmer" -- these guys will be #4 -- to try-come-scan the car sometime over the next two days...but the diff-being here that THESE guys rather only do Stock "Factory Programming" proceedures, and THEY say they'll be able to verify PCM/VCM & BCM/TCM communications-operations...at a cost of $125 bucks "...per mobilization", but wtf : ?

I figure what's the point in "Disabling" the Passlock II System - just to get it "running" - until AFTER I can get the BCM to show-a-pulse for actually recieving communications and then CONTROLLING the stuff it's supposed to ~ like the Door-Locks, HVAC "Mode Control", Head-lights, Dome-lights, and - HOPEFULLY TOO! - the "Injection-System Disable Circut", etc., too : ?
    "Impossible" is a degree of difficulty ~ set by imagination for lack of motivation.

My '02 "Jimmy" Diagnosis from Yesterday afternoon: "Replace Bad BCM and reprogram to correct specification prior further diagnosis"

My daughters '01 Jimmy has had the symptoms "cranks, flares, and dies" w/"Security" lamp "ON" then "OFF" @ 5 seconds KOEO ever since the local GMC "Dealership" attempted to "Flash" the Body Control Module (BCM) for My complaint of: "Air Bag" system warning lamp (ON) and Dome-Lamp stays ON unless "Dome Defeat" is depressed"...that was just over 6 months ago, and before they tried to "FLASH" that BCM pretty-much everything worked just fine...at-least that I knew : ?

That's because the "Security" lamp WAS flashing when the "Dealership" attempted to re-program the BCM ~ something THEY surely KNOW should NOT be done -- and which I didn't at that time, and as-such ~ had they advised me such "Disablement" would happen ~ I'd have NOT had them attempt servicing the vehicle in a manner that may disable it...but They did not.

I've since learned that if a PassLock II "Security" lamp is "flashing" and the vehicle looses Battery Power OR an attempt to "Flash" is made the BCM/VCM (Vehicle Control Module) the vehicle WILL BECOME DISABLED ~ exactly as the symtoms discribed above.

Just yesterday a FOURTH "Mobile Independant" capable of "Programming -- however this time equipped with Factory/OEM Hardware/Software vs. the likes of "EFI LIVE", etc. -- diagnosed this '01 Jimmy as having a defective BCM, and I'm now trying to source a replacement BCM...which interestingly too ~ is appearing to be a "Dealer Only" item, so I guess once I get one installed 'n reprogrammed I'll see : ?

Meanwhile for You ~ Here's ONE solution to effectively ommitting "PassLock II" from Your vehicle ~ that is ONCE YOU GET IT STARTED and "RUNNING" : ?

http://www.wirewerx.com/

I guess I'll see ~ to You Good Luck!

Being the only alternative to taking it BACK to any "GM DEALERSHIP" for their subscription to "OEM" Factory-Specific Programming (vs. what the "Hot-Rod Tuners" think they can...and then find-out they CAN'T do ; ) I had a "Mobile Diagnostic Services" firm come-out 'n diagnose the vehicle, and -- after having determined several functions failing dispite valid serial communications data on "The BUS" they determined:

"BAD BCM ~ REPLACE AND REPROGRAM PRIOR FUTHER DIAGNOSIS"

So I did that ~ and learned something ELSE that the original "Dealer" servicing the vehicle 6 months ago SHOULD HAVE KNOWN BEFORE TRYING TO "FLASH" THE VEHICLE...that the WRONG BCM P/N had been installed in the Vehicle all-along!

I had told them (GM Dealership) it was reportedly CHANGED by the previous owners "Tech" that never fixed the car...that they should VERIFY the correct P/N was installed IF they wound-up interfacing the DLC...that's something I HAD THEN ASKED THE TECH ~ which He confirmed "OK" ~ at that time when they'd brought me to see It ~ NOW as "DEAD-WEIGHT" in His Service Bay that first day, so WTF!!!

So I bought one (from another GM Dealer) to install and -- per-instructions FROM BOTH "Dealer" and "Mobile Diagnostic Services" -- had the latter return to "Reprogram BCM"... : ?

But because THIS particular BCM comes "Pre-Flashed" -- something no-one told ME! -- basically what-they-did for that $100 bucks was "Verify Communications" (something they'd already done) then initiate the "10-minute Key Relearn" proceedure (I could've done the "30-minute re-learn proceedure") and then crank-it-over...

And it started-up...and then RAN ~ for the first-time in over 6 months!!!

All of My Keyless Remote "Lock/Un-Lock" functions are WORKING AGAIN, including "Panic", etc., and too, the "Dome Override" control of the Headlamp System "Daytime Running Lights" (DRL) as-well!

My "Air Bag" lamp is OFF w/NO DTC's present in that system (had a U-1000 DTC) and we found the "Dome Light Stays On" problem remains ~ as-related to a bad Door Handle Switch, which when actuated tells the BCM someone wants INTO the vehicle and so ILLUMINATE the interior lamps for an entry OR activate the Alarm System/Vehicle Theft Deterrent...and I've never been-so-glad to hear the Horn-Honk'n Lights-Flashin' ~ Hoo-Rah!!!

My wife drove the car to work this morning "just to see...", and We'll give it to my daughter this weekend ~ 6 months AFTER She started College... : ?

Wow.......
    Minneapolis area - 1997 K2500 regular cab long bed + 8.5' Western Unimount plow + modified transmission + 2nd battery + modified camper charge circuit + 1971 Cayo camper -and- 2004 4x4 Suburban 2500 8.1 + Maxbrake controller + 2nd battery + modified trailer charge circuit + Reese receiver, pulls 30' Airstream trailer

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234