GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default 2011 silverado 1500 325/60/20

I have a chance to pick up some new bfg 326/60/20 km2 tires cheap today. My truck is a 2011 Silverado ltz 1500 4x4 with a 2" leveling kit. My question is will they fit my stock rims... and what body lift...etc will I need to make these work. Does anyone else have this size tires on similar truck? could you let me know what you did to your truck to make these work...

If someone could let me know asap I would appreciate it as I dont want someone else to pick these up

Thanks!!!

How cheap are you getting them for?? Ha.. Ive got these tires on my truck and Im running a 6" procomp lift.. the tire comes so close to the front air dam as it comes around toward the tire that it had to be cut.. Im not sure if any smaller of a lift would accomodate the tires..Those BFG 20's arent cheap at all.. I think the cheapest I found was $475 a tire.. Mine seem to be wearing evenly at 35psi and I have about 11k on them and IMO they are about 50-60% left so about 25k miles Im expecting out of them. I was hoping for more miles though considering the price..

2011 Silverado CrewCab 5.3L*Ram Air Look Cowl Induction Reflexxion Hood*6" Pro Comp Lift*Flowmaster Dual exhaust*Perfect Launch Rear Diff. Cover*Led Smoke Taillights*L.E.D.Smoke 3rd Brakelight*60" L.E.D. Tailgate Bar*Rearview Mirror Reverse Camera and Sensors*Smoke Headlight Covers*Front Bumper Grill Insert*Deezee Black Alum. Diamond Rail covers*20" Ultra Motorsports Rims wrapped with 35.5"B.F. Goodrich Tires*Inchannel Raingaurds*CAI*Bullydog GT Tuner*Alpine Amp*Boss 6x9's*Boston Acoustic Subs*Terrantula Tweeters*Custom Sub box*Red Led Interior Accents*5% Ultimacool duo tint rear window and doors, 20% front doors*Custom Vinyl Graphics*Demolded*Debadged*Painted drums and calipers*
    Future Mods Include: Custom Interior Hydrographics, Electronic Rollup Toneau Cover, 4.56 Gears, Painted rear bumper

Quote Originally Posted by the phantom View Post
    How cheap are you getting them for?? Ha.. Ive got these tires on my truck and Im running a 6" procomp lift.. the tire comes so close to the front air dam as it comes around toward the tire that it had to be cut.. Im not sure if any smaller of a lift would accomodate the tires..Those BFG 20's arent cheap at all.. I think the cheapest I found was $475 a tire.. Mine seem to be wearing evenly at 35psi and I have about 11k on them and IMO they are about 50-60% left so about 25k miles Im expecting out of them. I was hoping for more miles though considering the price..

I can can pick them up for 1000 which seems way cheap. Did you do your own lift? How difficult is a lift to put in? Thanks for your info!

Quote Originally Posted by Beefcake35 View Post
    I can can pick them up for 1000 which seems way cheap. Did you do your own lift? How difficult is a lift to put in? Thanks for your info!
    I bought my truck with the lift already done... The only thing I would suggest is to re-gear your truck to at a minumum 4:10 gears.. That tall of a tire is almost 5" larger than stock and you will find your tranny constantly hunting for gears..Its gutless on the highway at 65mph compared to stock tires. It wont even stay in overdrive at 65 on flat highway and V4 mode is almost never seen unless I put it in Tow/Haul mode and am about 30-40mph. MPG is at about 12 and it deffinitely is noticeable in power loss due to the larger tires, higher wind resistance being up in the air and also the braking is slightly compromised.. Ive got 4:56 gears to install in my truck to bring it basically back to stock gearing but I havent put them in yet.. $1000 isn't bad if most of the tread is there.. Nice quiet tire for its size but I dont think I would pay $475 a tire new when I go to replace mine.. Might sacrifice some road noise for $100 cheaper and go with some Nitto's or something.

Thanks for all the info!!! Very much appreciated