GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Legend

I found the video quite clear on the location of the components and the procedure /tools to replace.

If you do not even know what the sensors/converters look like you need to know how to do this properly which I find hard to believe you would know how to do this ,,, but not know what the parts are.

as you saw the connector takes the longest amount of time. this if you screw it up will cause problems , failure codes. these wires are not to be changed soldered or altered in any way as this will throw off the O2 sensor extremely low voltage that reports to the PCM.

Quote Originally Posted by j_v_z View Post
    Conlan, thank you very much. it looks like you crawled under your truck just to shoot those for me. I am very appreciate of your efforts. thank you again. I did order a chiltons this am, but it will be a bit before it gets here. I do understand how heat and exhaust could cause a sort of fusion between the 2 components. I did learn a bit from my diesel friends though about heat & pb blaster. I'll give it a shot tomorrow. Also Nelson, I spent 2 days looking for illustrations & how to's on this topic for a 2k1 5.3 silverado 1500, they don't exist, which is why I turned to the forum.
    Funny thing is none of those are purposeful pics I just found pics that I had that had the exhaust.

1996 Chevy Tahoe LT 5.7L V8 4X4 205,000+ miles. Built proudly at Janesville Assembly in Janesville, Wisconsin
    Basic mods: Lights all over, bunch of electrical work, and a couple cooling mods.

Check out my other mods in My Garage: http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...t-Tahoe-4-Door

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12