GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
    Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

Default Difference between a hard and soft top on your truck...

Well I have had both and have used them well..Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF1092.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	31.6 KB 
ID:	56062Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF9044.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	31.9 KB 
ID:	56063Click image for larger version. 

Name:	086modifiedresized.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	38.1 KB 
ID:	56064Click image for larger version. 

Name:	girls....jpg 
Size:	64.7 KB 
ID:	56065Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Photo-0479.jpg 
Size:	71.4 KB 
ID:	56066

They both have been put to good use and have Kept things Dry. I have camped in both of them Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Photo-0061.jpg 
Size:	33.6 KB 
ID:	56067Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF1519.jpg 
Size:	43.3 KB 
ID:	56068 But when it comes down to Having to move Large things quick Click image for larger version. 

Name:	softop2.jpg 
Size:	40.1 KB 
ID:	56069Click image for larger version. 

Name:	softop1.jpg 
Size:	46.5 KB 
ID:	56070 Soft top works best Had to remove it in the city yesterday If I had the hard top on I would have lost $150.00..... Almost forgot I have a rear window too.. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	softop3.jpg 
Size:	77.8 KB 
ID:	56071
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

I had a best top topper on my last truck. I liked it a lot. It weighed less than 100 pounds, 4 C clamps and it was off.

I like all dogs I meet, and some people too.

I know its a little different but I have both a factory Hardtop and a Besttop for my 93 Wrangler, I used to change tops between winter and Summer, some years ago I put the softtop on for summer and the hardtop has sat in the back yard since then.

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

Quote Originally Posted by tbplus10 View Post
    I know its a little different but I have both a factory Hardtop and a Besttop for my 93 Wrangler, I used to change tops between winter and Summer, some years ago I put the softtop on for summer and the hardtop has sat in the back yard since then.

I was thinking of doing that we will see. I did use the soft top last year and had up to 11' In's os snow on it with no problems...Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Photo-0439.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	69.7 KB 
ID:	56077Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Photo-0435 (3).jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	54.0 KB 
ID:	56078
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X