GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

as mostly everyone has pointed out, Thermostat being bad would be my first bet, second being fluid level, third would be losing pressure in the system via a leak, last being a clog.

Did the heat ever come back or just stay cold?? And what did the temp of the truck do when this happened? the two could go hand in hand.

One way to check and verify that the blend door is actually working on your pickup would be to actually run the A/C and set the temp all the way to cold and once it becomes obvious, you can change the temp selector over to the hottest setting. If the blend door is working, then it should become noticeably less cold (assuming there's still no heat in the core). After you notice the change, take it all the way back to the coldest setting and verify that it does in fact get colder. That will eliminate that problem.

"If you're not living life on the edge, You're taking up too much space"

"Truck Norris"
    - 2008 TX Edition Silverado
    - McGaughy's 4/5 Drop Kit
    - Apline Type R 10s & Amp
    - Pioneer 6 Disc Touchscreen Deck
    - Nightmare Breed Motorsports custom tune
    - Custom 3" dual exhaust through x-pipe dumped at axle
    - Airaid CAI
    - Badges and molding removed, roll pan, Truxedo roll-up cover (compliments of GMTC!), 3pc billet grille, factory fogs upgrade
    "Kristine" - 1991 Nissan 240sx
    - Cut to pieces, LS build pending

Did you change it? Results?
    Last edited by Pikey; 11-15-2013 at 11:17 PM.

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

I second the low fluid level. Had the exact same issues in my 98 Suburban. Had a small leak and over time it got to a low level and I experienced the same symptoms (temp going up and down/heat going in and out). Once I filled the system up to the current level the problems went away. I ended up fixing the overall problem (leaking intake gasket) and the issues were gone for good.

Quote Originally Posted by Pikey View Post
    Do you change it? Results?
    I was wondering that earlier today
    Chuckie!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12