GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default need brake line for the 87 s10

Well my buddy called me and said on his way home he had no brakes. i picked him up and we got back to his house. looked underneath and discovered a leak in the rear brake line near the gas tank where the line goes through the frame. any place you guys reccomend getting a new brake line?? 87 s10 2.5 4 speed (not sure if it makes a difference lol)

If you have a tubing bender and a glaring tool, you can get universal line an make your own. Most places even have lines that already have the fittings on them. All you have to do is bend them. I would highly recommend getting a piece of rubber fuel hose to put over it so the frame doesn't rub a hole in the new line. You will probably have to cut it open down the middle to put it on like wire conduit
    Chuckie!!!

Quote Originally Posted by GearHead899 View Post
    Well my buddy called me and said on his way home he had no brakes. i picked him up and we got back to his house. looked underneath and discovered a leak in the rear brake line near the gas tank where the line goes through the frame. any place you guys reccomend getting a new brake line?? 87 s10 2.5 4 speed (not sure if it makes a difference lol)
    Check out the link Below, its a Company that Sells Brake Line Kit for 1967" to 1997" Chevy/GMC Trucks - All Hard Lines,

Link,
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Chevy-and-GM...10e151&vxp=mtr

MIKE

99"SILVERADO
    5.3 l 3.73 l G80
    BLACK BEAR CUSTOM TUNE
    SNUGTOP l COLORMATCH l KATZKIN

That's a good price for all pre bent line

Wonder how they ship them?

I just bend and flare my own....not hard.....You can by lines now that dont rust....have copper content in them I believe

1997 GMC

thanks for the info guys. ill probably start by removing the line to see what I have exactly. didn't really want to do it yesterday as their was brake fluid everywhere and im not a fan of brake fluid dripping all over me lol What kind of flares do you guys use on the lines of these trucks? just a single flare or double bubble?

Quote Originally Posted by BurbanMan View Post
    That's a good price for all pre bent line

I checked those out. it is a good price, but they are not pre bent.

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

Quote Originally Posted by Pikey View Post
    I checked those out. it is a good price, but they are not pre bent.
    ah dang. Obviously I only looked at the photo lol

They will put them in a thick cardboard tube to ship them, or at least that's how they SHOULD do it