GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by clgoch187 View Post
    But the trans temp gauge works without any other sensors, wiring ,etc?

Correct....the Transmission Temp Gauge Works, without any other sensors, wiring etc.

MIKE

99"SILVERADO
    5.3 l 3.73 l G80
    BLACK BEAR CUSTOM TUNE
    SNUGTOP l COLORMATCH l KATZKIN

Good deal I think I'm leaning towrd the swap even if I gotta replacethe motors in the new cluster
    03 Silverado 1500
    285/75/16 BFG's
    2 Blaupunkt 10" vW1000 subs in Subthump box
    ProComp Level Lift & 3" rear blocks

Quote Originally Posted by clgoch187 View Post
    Good deal I think I'm leaning towrd the swap even if I gotta replacethe motors in the new cluster
    If you go forward with this Dash Cluster Swap, as it has been Mentioned, make sure to have it Programmed to the Current Mileage on your Truck, after that its a Plug-n-Play Swap.

I figure ill do it on a lunch break for after work one day so I can progem the correct mileage and hours

PIKEY, where did you get if for 12 ??

Quote Originally Posted by Pikey View Post
    I have bought one from a source that gave me a lifetime warranty.it was $12. there are places that sell complete kits, all new steppers and bulbs for around $70. Or you could send it somewhere and they rebuild it completely for $125. They also test and repair the internal power supply. I know of a place if you want the info pm me. Check out you tube for videos of people doing it.

I called the guy at dallasclusterrepair.com. You can not just add the temp gauge to your cluster. The cluster must be reprogrammed for the gauge to work

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

Quote Originally Posted by Pikey View Post
    I called the guy at dallasclusterrepair.com. You can not just add the temp gauge to your cluster. The cluster must be reprogrammed for the gauge to work
    Pikey, can you pm the details....I soldered in all six new steppers I got on eBay and 3 work great and the other 3 move forward and stay there when the truck is running and then more more when I shut it off, only to move cw even more when I start it back up...basically they act like a clock. So id like to get it corrected and add the trans gauge

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12