GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Small lift for 06 Z71

I just got my truck and I love it to death. I bought it used, and it had 33x12.50r17's on it. It wasn't raised any (I dont think). I need some advice on lifting my truck. My plan was to lift the front with some new keys (raising it about 2" I think, i would like 3" but i dont know if keys will get it that far) and raise the back 2" with an add a leaf (I do alot of hauling so it serves as a lift and payload booster). Is this a good idea? Also, if i'm correct, the tires on there are about 33", how big of tires can I fit on it with this lift?

I heard something about haveing to do something to the truck if it's raised 4" or more.
    Last edited by CarpenterGuy; 07-19-2008 at 09:16 AM.

Welcome to the site and congrat's on the new Chevy! My '04 is still stock, so I can't be of a lot of help with the lift, but there will be some very helpful folks chime in before long. There are several lifted trucks on the site. Have fun!

2010 Z/71 Colorado C/C
    Black 4X4 w/5.3L V8
    ===============
    2007 Winnebago Adventurer
    w/8.1L Chevy & Allison 6spd.
    Canyon Lake, Texas

I noticed a block in between my leaf springs and drive shaft. Does your's have that? Or is this a lift from the previous owner?

Legend

Alot of vehicles come with a factory block so It's probly stock. Your right in getting about 2" from your keys, any more then that your going to put to much stress on your parts causing failure later on. Here's a link for a set.
    http://www.roughcountry.com/chevy_4w...lift_kits.html

The leafs can be bought almost any where from 4wheelparts to stylintrucks.com so they should be easy to find. I probly wouldn't go to much bigger then the 33's unless you plan to go above 2". 35's I think would look to stuffed and you'll have to do some major trimming along with a possible gear upgrade. By the way what gears do you have right now?

If you want to run 35's, I'd suggest a 4"-6" kit. Rancho,Fabtech,RoughCountry,Procomp pretty much everyone makes a kit for you truck. But if you going to run 35's you should be running at least 4.10's- 4.56 gears to save on your transmission.

KRIS
    2007 GMC Sierra CrewCab 4.8L
    Tinted Windows, 20" Chrome MB Predators on 275/55/20 Copper AT's, GM Bed Rug, Speed Scene Chrome Grille, Putco Chrome Handles, Hypertech Max Energy Programmer, Magnaflow Muffler and many more mods to come.
    Former GM Vehicles:
    96 Chevy Camaro. My first car modded for a High School kid.

I've been doing some shopping, and i think i'll save up for the 4" lift. I think my truck is 3.73 if i'm not mistaken. How can I find out?

Do 4" lift kits come with add-a-leafes? I really need the extra leafs cause I do alot of hauling and towing. Oh, and where can i find a good, but inexpesive kit?
    2006 Silverado Z71 - 97,000 - totaled, RIP
    2006 Silverado Z71 - 122,000 (K&N 77 Series CAI, PowerAid TBS, Magnaflow dual rear exit, 33x12.50 Mickey Thompson MTZ, Tuff Country Torsion Keys, Tuff Country Add-A-Leafs)
    1966 C10 swb stepside (Gen I 350, Turbo 400 trans, dual cyl power brakes, front discs)
    I'll keep my money, guns, and freedom. You keep the Change.