GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Cool New guy! ...from the wrong side of the puddle! :)

Hello everyone, i just bought myself a GMC savana -2003 5,3L explorer conversion with ~7400 miles on the gauges.

I'll start with an excuse for my spelling that's going to be bad at times, english aint my native language and especially not technical english... '-_- I'm thrilled to start asking my questions so you'll be wolcome in the savana thread.... =P This is my first US car so i guess will get lost a lot, especially in numbers because we use metric over here and you don't :P

Anyway, glad to join you and will try to get some pictures up here as soon as the pictures get approved
    Last edited by Kelmannen; 11-17-2013 at 03:31 AM. Reason: wrote the wrong year!

2. Likes Steve liked this post

Welcome to the site from Texas!

Bonus points to you for proper usage of the word "aint" though. Even more bonus points if you can post some pics! We want to see your GMC pushing through some snow!

- - - Updated - - -

We need more active posters in the Chevy Express / GMC Savana forum as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Is this where you live? Very pretty.

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    Follow Us Please: facebook.com/gmtruckclub | twitter.com/gmtruckclub
    Support GMTC: Help the site, contribute today

Definately there i lives (about 50m away from me actually )

And as promised:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WP_20131030_006.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	58.0 KB 
ID:	56165
    First stop after we bought it, had been driving for 300miles and been a little rainy so she's dirty.

Name:	WP_20131030_005.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	43.3 KB 
ID:	56164
    A picture of the inside

Name:	WP_20131110_003.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	39.8 KB 
ID:	56166
    Winter has com so got her a set of new shoes

Welcome from Canada....we use metric too, so we can understand each other that way...lol

Does your van have doors on both sides?..Have never seen that before

[B]1997 GMC

Yes it has, havent seen it on other van except conversion models, exremely practical thought, on One side we use the door as a storage door and have the large babysitter base mounted on the seat closest to the door so all I need to do is open the for and lift it out and my other kids can freely pass trought on the other side

Welcome to the Club! You'll find a lot of useful information here from a great group of folks. By the way your english is way better than my Swedish. So don't worry about it, just jump in and start having fun.

Welcome. I don't think i've ever seen one of these customized! Gonna be cool to see what you do. What are the plans for it? Definitely a good start with the wheels.

And i just gotta ask even though i'll probably have to use some converter things... what are the gas prices there? Gonna be quite a gas hog you got there but will get through anything!
    95 S10 LS 5 speed ext cab 2wd "work truck"
    3/3 static _ Spectre Air Filter _ Punched out cat _ Glasspack>

99 S10 Xtreme 3rd door, 5 speed 4.3 VIN W
    Hurst Short Throw Shifter _
    American Racing wheels (275/60/15; 215/70/15) _ Sub/Amp/Stereo _ TB Mod>

Well, haven't drove that much just yet, when we got it wed a 1200km(~800miles) road trip home and I got an average of 13L/100km which wasn't tha badly. Because we were cruising at 110-120(65-70mph) if I count right a gallon of fuel would be about 8,55$ over here I have no idea what you pay over there tho :P

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by poncho62 View Post
    Welcome from Canada....we use metric too, so we can understand each other that way...lol

Does your van have doors on both sides?..Have never seen that before
    is the gmc's built in metric? Some bolt atleast in the body seems to be?

Legend

Blog Entries

Welcome to the Club!!!

Mike (Denver, CO) - 2008 Sierra 1500 Z71 SLE 5.3L 4WD

SUSPENSION: Rancho 4" Suspension Lift; Rancho RS9000XL Shocks; Rancho Skid Plates; Rancho MyRide Wireless Shock Controller;
    TIRES:
    BFG All Terrain KO 315/70/17
    DRIVE TRAIN: 4.56 Gears; Detroit TrueTrac Differential; True Cool 40k Transmission Cooler
    PERFORMANCE: DiableSport Predator Tuner; Custom Tuned by Diablew; Magnaflow Exhaust; AFE Cold Air Intake
    ELECTRONICS: Kenwood DNX6180 Touchscreen; Subthump box w/10" Kicker; Driver Information Center (DIC); Rear View Camera
    ACCESSORIES: Westin Brush/Grill Gaurd; Westin Nerf Bars; Truxedo Tonneau; 20% Tint; Tow Mirrors w/Heat & Signals

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast