GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
    I live just south of Philadelphia, small community that sits on the Delaware River.

Question Rebuilding the front suspension of my 1990 Silverado ?

Has anyone ever replaced all of the front end bushings, I bought LCM polyurethane kit 34-0272 for my 1990 1/2 ton Silverado as it was advertised as having Teflon infused in the polyurethane bushings . I'm just about completed the restoration project, I've installed a slightly over-sized front stabilizer bar, ( the heavy duty GM bar is 1 1/4 and I bought one from summit at half the price that's 1 5/16, and I have put one on the back that's 1 1/4 diameter. I have all new springs at every corner so I think I'll feel more comfortable towing heavy loads. While up front, I replace the stabilizer bar end links bushings and the Monroe Sensi-trac shock bushings as well. What has been your experience ??? Thank you !

I did it on my 95, it was not that bad getting the old ones out. I just used a clamp and 2 very large sockets to press them in and out. While pressing them out they did not want to move so it took a little heat from a torch. Then they slid right out.

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

3. Likes JTWard liked this post