GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
    Jr. Mechanic

Default USE GM clips when re-attaching the inner door panels.

Hello, all.

I wanted to share something for once instead of asking another question.

Over the years I have taken door panels off of various vehicles and never had luck getting them to go back on. I have tried different sizes of clips with no luck. I finally figured out that once you take the door panel off you need to remove the whole clip, the part on the panel and the plug on the door, and reinsert with new clips designed for your specific vehicle.

I may have been the only person in the country with this ignorance; but my doors are put together finally!

Maury
    95 Chevy Silverado
    Beat up by hail and a faulty tow truck
    5.7L V-8
    251,000 miles

I am having that issue too.......after repeated access to the "inner workings" on the doors, it seems that all the clips are broken....I have the interior tool to remove them but they were broken when I bought this thing. Where can you get a quantity of these with out payin an arm and and a leg for them?

Quote Originally Posted by MauryFrench View Post
    Hello, all.

I wanted to share something for once instead of asking another question.

Over the years I have taken door panels off of various vehicles and never had luck getting them to go back on. I have tried different sizes of clips with no luck. I finally figured out that once you take the door panel off you need to remove the whole clip, the part on the panel and the plug on the door, and reinsert with new clips designed for your specific vehicle.

I may have been the only person in the country with this ignorance; but my doors are put together finally!

Maury
    Blank slate....work in progress....
    95 Chevy 5.7L 2wd...no mods..yet
    Resto project.

Jr. Mechanic

I bought a bag full of them online a while back; I would have to look as to where. How many do you need? If you just want 10 or 12 or so then we may be able to talk offline.

I will make sure I have as many left as I think and will get back to you.

Maury

I would have to count........not sure how many. I think i counted 18 or 20 the last time i had it open but I will check to make sure.

thanx

Jim

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

Find a good Auto body supply place I have a few by me which came in handy when I painted my Cladding..Click image for larger version. 

Name:	glennsbday 022.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	62.0 KB 
ID:	56187Was not fun...
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

this site seams to have good prices http://www.clipsandfasteners.com/Gen...show=45&page=1

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)