GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by

Default 2015 Chevy Colorado Interior and Engine Photos

2015 Chevy Colorado Interior and Engine Photos
    Take a look at these great photos of the new 2015 Chevy Colorado pickup truck. Please note the new turbo-diesel engine option.

Chevrolet Colorado 2.5L Four-Cylinder Engine
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2015-Chevrolet-Colorado-4Cylinder-030.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	61.5 KB 
ID:	56247

Chevrolet Colorado 3.6L V6 Engine

Name:	2015-Chevrolet-Colorado-6Cylinder-031.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	72.8 KB 
ID:	56248

Chevrolet Colorado Turbo Diesel Engine

Name:	2015-Chevrolet-Colorado-TurboDiesel-029.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	70.1 KB 
ID:	56253

Name:	2015-Chevrolet-Colorado-025.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	40.7 KB 
ID:	56249

Name:	2015-Chevrolet-Colorado-026.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	43.6 KB 
ID:	56250

Name:	2015-Chevrolet-Colorado-027.jpg 
Size:	45.1 KB 
ID:	56251

Name:	2015-Chevrolet-Colorado-028.jpg 
Size:	48.1 KB 
ID:	56252

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    * I've been saying for years that I was going to change my username, and I finally did.

Why in the world are they offing a 2.8L turbo diesel in this and not a suburban?? I don't know the last time I saw a truck with a center counsel shifter. (other than a manual trans)

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

Looks very nice Got any outside shots??
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

The 2.8L Dmax puts out about the same amount of power as the old 6.5L Detroit....

1996 Chevy Tahoe LT 5.7L V8 4X4 205,000+ miles. Built proudly at Janesville Assembly in Janesville, Wisconsin
    Basic mods: Lights all over, bunch of electrical work, and a couple cooling mods.

Check out my other mods in My Garage: http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...t-Tahoe-4-Door

Quote Originally Posted by Pikey View Post
    Why in the world are they offing a 2.8L turbo diesel in this and not a suburban?? I don't know the last time I saw a truck with a center counsel shifter. (other than a manual trans)
    Where is the column shift version?

I don't see one here. Every truck I have ever owned was column shift

My wife's old 98 gmc jimmy was console shift. I hated it. It was ugly and just didn't feel "right" for lack of better way to put it. Looks just like the one in the photo above... I also see they no longer offer the 3.5 L5. I liked that engine. Anyone here know why they no longer offer it?
    Chuckie!!!

Simple, the Holden Colorado and Isuzu D-Max (which this new Colorado is somewhat based off of) has an optional turbo diesel engine, GM didn't have to make an all new diesel for this truck. They simply recycled the diesel used in the other models and I'm certain that they had to improve its emissions.

I would imagine that the console shifter is supposed to give the new Colorado a more sporty feel. I personally prefer a column shifter as it frees up more space in the console area. I would bet that the LS and LT version of the Colorado have a bench seat with column shifter.

2013 Silverado LTZ White Diamond Crew Cab

Mods:
    Advent OGM1 Navigation
    Husky Liners GearBox Underseat Storage
    Airaid MIT
    EGR Rail Caps
    K&N Air Filter
    Flowsound 40 Muffler
    Hypertech Max Energy Tune (only top end limiter removed and AFM disabled)
    Chrome Tailgate Handle Cover
    TonnoPro HF-155 Tonneau Cover
    WeatherTech Front and Rear Splash Guards
    Husky Liners X-Act Contour Floor Liners
    WeatherTech Side Window Deflectors

Quote Originally Posted by stchman View Post
    Simple, the Holden Colorado and Isuzu D-Max (which this new Colorado is somewhat based off of) has an optional turbo diesel engine, GM didn't have to make an all new diesel for this truck. They simply recycled the diesel used in the other models and I'm certain that they had to improve its emissions.

I would imagine that the console shifter is supposed to give the new Colorado a more sporty feel. I personally prefer a column shifter as it frees up more space in the console area. I would bet that the LS and LT version of the Colorado have a bench seat with column shifter.
    I agree with you about the sporty feel. I also agree that in that I prefer the column shifter because it frees up space. Heck, when I bought my yukon xl if I could have found one with a front bench with the fold up console like my silverado had I would have bought it. That is one more passenger seat. I would love to be able to seat 9!

I agree with you about the sporty feel. I also agree that in that I prefer the column shifter because it frees up space. Heck, when I bought my yukon xl if I could have found one with a front bench with the fold up console like my silverado had I would have bought it. That is one more passenger seat. I would love to be able to seat 9!
    The Suburban has an additional lower trim level LS that up until I believe 2009 had a front bench seat like the Silverado LS and LT.

Now the LS, LT and LTZ all feature bucket seats.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by