GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by poncho62 View Post
    They make specific caliper paint? Bet thats pricey....I have used regular rustoleum on calipers, works fine
    Yup they do because of the extreme heat and brake dust. Its not much more than regular paint. I have yet to paint my calipers because I want to paint mine white and also paint the drums white as well which is a pain in the butt to find.

1996 Chevy Tahoe LT 5.7L V8 4X4 205,000+ miles. Built proudly at Janesville Assembly in Janesville, Wisconsin
    Basic mods: Lights all over, bunch of electrical work, and a couple cooling mods.

Check out my other mods in My Garage: http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...t-Tahoe-4-Door

Well, I decided to go with the silver. i liked the way it looked a few months ago when the caliper was shiny and new. Plus I got the kit new for $9 shipped on ebay. I really liked the suggestion of polishing it and clear coating it. If I were to put 4 new calipers on I would probably do that before I installed them. But, I am semi-Lazy, So I will not be polishing 4 calipers. Thank you everyone for your input.

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

Quote Originally Posted by Pikey View Post
    Well, I decided to go with the silver. i liked the way it looked a few months ago when the caliper was shiny and new. Plus I got the kit new for $9 shipped on ebay. I really liked the suggestion of polishing it and clear coating it. If I were to put 4 new calipers on I would probably do that before I installed them. But, I am semi-Lazy, So I will not be polishing 4 calipers. Thank you everyone for your input.
    Yay my vote won! Pics please when it gets done. Some before and afters would be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Camaro69car View Post
    Yay my vote won! Pics please when it gets done. Some before and afters would be nice.
    I will have to see what the weather will be like next week. It is supposed to be here on Wednesday. I can heat my garage to do it. I just want to be able to let it sit overnight (or two) so the paint cures before I pull it out into freezing weather.

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

I will have to see what the weather will be like next week. It is supposed to be here on Wednesday. I can heat my garage to do it. I just want to be able to let it sit overnight (or two) so the paint cures before I pull it out into freezing weather.
    Best of luck to you. I'm looking forward to seeing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Camaro69car View Post
    Best of luck to you. I'm looking forward to seeing it.

I don't know that there will be much to see because of my rims. All I know is that I see a rusty caliper and I will be happy not seeing that anymore.

1995 Silverado 4x4

2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

I don't know that there will be much to see because of my rims. All I know is that I see a rusty caliper and I will be happy not seeing that anymore.
    I'm pretty sure you have to take the wheels off to paint. Or is that something new?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123