GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 3 123 Last Post byLast Post by

Default opinions needed. caliper paint color

I need some opinions. One of the calipers that I installed is rusted, I am looking at painting all of them. I am taking any suggestions on paint color and paint type to use? I am looking at the duplicolor brush on ceramic caliper paint kit, I can get it in red, blue, silver or black. I may just go with black, but that is no fun. here is a pic of the truck

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0730121443b.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	51.0 KB 
ID:	56261
    Last edited by Pikey; 11-21-2013 at 12:40 PM.

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

Most paint to match the truck. But not sure on how many people make silver caliper paint.

1996 Chevy Tahoe LT 5.7L V8 4X4 205,000+ miles. Built proudly at Janesville Assembly in Janesville, Wisconsin
    Basic mods: Lights all over, bunch of electrical work, and a couple cooling mods.

Check out my other mods in My Garage: http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...t-Tahoe-4-Door

Quote Originally Posted by Conlan Rose View Post
    Most paint to match the truck. But not sure on how many people make silver caliper paint.
    I can get the duplicolor brush on caliper paint in Red, blue, black or silver. At this point neon pink would look better than rust

If you want really good contrast with the wheels I'd go with red or blue I think that would look really nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Conlan Rose View Post
    If you want really good contrast with the wheels I'd go with red or blue I think that would look really nice.
    yea, see, that is where I am stuck. Do I go with contrast like red or blue or do I go with silver that does not attract that much attention. I am just sick of looking at the rusted caliper every time I walk up to the truck

Quote Originally Posted by Pikey View Post
    yea, see, that is where I am stuck. Do I go with contrast like red or blue or do I go with silver that does not attract that much attention. I am just sick of looking at the rusted caliper every time I walk up to the truck
    Do you like the truck turning heads or to you want to keep it more subtle. Red seems to look nice on any vehicle in my opinion.

I am not one that wants to turn heads. Sure, I keep my truck clean, it gets washed twice a week on average. But, I don't like to attract any more attention than I already get. I do like the way red looks. I was just curious what others thought. Blue would match my bilstein shock boots

- - - Updated - - -

I looked at a set of caliper covers like @Enkeiavalanche has. But, for $200 I can almost buy 4 new calipers.

Black. That truck does not scream for colored calipers.

IMO
    Clint (TX) 2001 Silverado LS 4.8L auto 2wd ECSB [GARAGE]
    Gasoline or gunpowder: If you ain't burning one, you ain't having fun!
    NRA Endowment Member 5 24 48 88 - Hendrick Motorsports FTW!

Mike....x2 on going with Black, as with the Rims you have, you really can't see the Calipers.

MIKE

99"SILVERADO
    5.3 l 3.73 l G80
    BLACK BEAR CUSTOM TUNE
    SNUGTOP l COLORMATCH l KATZKIN

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

Can't see them much.. along with your boots... I do like the covers But you can see them through my rims when the factory's go on for the winter they will come off..Click image for larger version. 

Name:	shocks1.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	68.1 KB 
ID:	56262Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF2564.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	58.5 KB 
ID:	56263
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

Page 1 of 3 123 Last Post byLast Post by