GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default New to site any info welcome

Just picked up a 1990 suburban sle 4x4 with a 6 inch lift and 37 in tires not to rusty and runs great it has the 350. No problems yet just wondering if i should worry about any problems in the future and any cheap performance mods i can do thanks

Here are some pics
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails uploadfromtaptalk1385091280694.jpg   uploadfromtaptalk1385091261984.jpg   uploadfromtaptalk1385091249567.jpg  

Just out of curiosity, how many miles are on her? As far as problems, it's basically hit or miss. It all depends on how the previous owner(s) drove her and what sort of mx they performed... What sort of intake/exhaust set up do you have? For relatively cheap you can upgrade both. May not add a ton of HP but it will breath and sound better. Plus, it makes mashing the throttle that much more fun.

Its got 212000 miles no smoke no nttn im puttin true dual 2 1/4 in straights on next week for 200$ and i have no idea wat to get for an air intake.... I drive her like a baby cuz i dont no how they drove it lol

Quote Originally Posted by dw6171624 View Post
    Its got 212000 miles no smoke no nttn im puttin true dual 2 1/4 in straights on next week for 200$ and i have no idea wat to get for an air intake.... I drive her like a baby cuz i dont no how they drove it lol
    2 1/2" will be optimum for it and shouldn't cost more. Edelbrock makes an awesome intake for the TBI system too!
    Chuckie!!!

Ya i havent looked on eldebrock yet and i asked the shop and since i wont have any cats on it they said 2 1/2 or 2 1/4 idk which one yet i think 2 1/4 will give it more of a snap. There is another burban in town who has 3in and i have to be louder then him lol

212K really isn't all that bad for a 1990. And, that's one of the best ways to drive anything really, like an old lady. Someone told me once to drive like there is an egg between your foot and the gas pedal. That's how I do it most of the time, but not all

Quote Originally Posted by USAF-Suburban View Post
    212K really isn't all that bad for a 1990. And, that's one of the best ways to drive anything really, like an old lady. Someone told me once to drive like there is an egg between your foot and the gas pedal. That's how I do it most of the time, but not all
    No for a 90thats not to bad on miles buts just that many miles scare me as i should anyway but i traded a 96 chevy with 336k so not as worried but still u no

No for a 90thats not to bad on miles buts just that many miles scare me as i should anyway but i traded a 96 chevy with 336k so not as worried but still u no
    Man, I hope I can get 336K out of my 98...

It was rough, all original but rough

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast