GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Spark Plug Wires

Well, I need to do something about my spark plug wires. The wires from AutoZone (Bosch wires) that were specifically for my truck are WAY too fricking long (that's how I destroyed my last transmission.... don't ask, just refer to my transmission threads). The retainers that also hold the wires up are not holding or broken. So, I have 2 problems... One, where can I get wires that will fit my 91 Chevy Suburban with the 350 small block that aren't obscenely longer than neccesary, preferably local because I don't care to buy anything but computer parts over the net or phone. Also, where can I buy the clips that hold the spark plug wires up or how can I make some that will work as well to retain the wires... Thanks as always guys!
    Christopher

1991 Chevy Suburban 1/2 ton 2WD w/ chevy SBC 350-3/4 ton drivetrain upgrade w/4.10 gears 200K miles
    2005 Saturn ION-2 Stock 265K miles
    1982 Bronco, 1993 Bronco (sold), 1971 M35A2 Deuce and a Half

There are 10 kinds of people, those who understand binary, and those who dont...

Remember kids, the only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down- Adam Savage

i have taylor and they fit great on my small block. and zip ties??
    PETE
    95 GMC Sierra 2500
    3" Body Lift, 33" Goodyear MTR's
    5.7L 350 TBI Edelbrock SDT Exhaust, Flowtech Headers, K&N Intake
    Sold :(
    1999 Jeep Cherokee, 3" Rustys lift, 33" BFG MT's, locked, armored: Rolled :(
    2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited. K&N Intake, Custom Kolak Exhaust

Contact this GMTC Moderator for any problems or questions you may have :great:

Join the GMTC Facebook Group!!! Join Here

Today when I went to the local Chevy dealership to pick up the seal for the transmission, I asked about the factory retaining clips that hold the spark plugs up. It's going to cost me about 15-20 bucks for the set of 4 clips. Hopefully that'll fix it. But I still need to find me a good set of wires. I'll check out the Taylors...
    Christopher

1991 Chevy Suburban 1/2 ton 2WD w/ chevy SBC 350-3/4 ton drivetrain upgrade w/4.10 gears 200K miles

There are 10 kinds of people, those who understand binary, and those who dont...

Remember kids, the only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down- Adam Savage

I found these plug wires on Summit Racing. They're Taylors... : http://store.summitracing.com/partde...5&autoview=sku I also called up the dealer, and the set of wires for my truck would be about 68 bucks. In the end I'm looking for the best performing wires in the "budget" market, but it seems like even 48 bucks for the Taylors is a little steep. But, it looks like for a premium set of wires, you have to pay... Can anyone confirm the fit and quality of the Taylors? Also, anyone know off hand what size the stock wires are, I'm guessing/hoping at least 8mm, but who knows...
    Christopher

I used to drag race with Taylor 8.8's they were the bomb Expensive, but none the less the bomb.

Speed shops usually carry all the retainers and wires.

Jamie

2007 Ford E250(Work van) (Ya, Ya, shut up!)
    1996 GMC Sierra SLE 1500 5.7L/4L60E

most sets are universal the best thing is to get cut to fits and fix them to your correct size....mike
    Michael Collins
    1993 4X4 Suburban
    many other toys as well

yea ive never had a problem with my taylors either and they work great. i definitely noticed a difference when i got my MSD coil and the taylors. i think i paid like 60 for the set. they look great and work great too. i think they are 8.5mm
    PETE
    95 GMC Sierra 2500
    3" Body Lift, 33" Goodyear MTR's
    5.7L 350 TBI Edelbrock SDT Exhaust, Flowtech Headers, K&N Intake
    Sold :(
    1999 Jeep Cherokee, 3" Rustys lift, 33" BFG MT's, locked, armored: Rolled :(
    2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited. K&N Intake, Custom Kolak Exhaust

Contact this GMTC Moderator for any problems or questions you may have :great:

Join the GMTC Facebook Group!!! Join Here

AC Delco all the way dude, and the clips get at the dealer, or else, scrapyard, or else, zip ties.
    --> Rocco "Rumpamuro"

--> Apprentice Mechanic (Cars and Trucks)

--> Mississauga, Ontario (Canada) eh!

--> Vehicles on the driveway:

-2008 GMC Acadia SLE AWD

-2007 Silverado Classic Reg cab, long box.

-2008 Pontiac Vibe (my dads fuel efficient way to go to work)

-1996 Pontiac Sunfire GT

I can hear guys chuckle but my original GM wires lasted to 112,000 as did the plugs, so I figured stay with proven reliability. Now that was on mt Sub but on my stroker motor in my boat I went the big $$$ way, they lasted three seasons 114 hours to be exact. Has me thinking the $$$ ones may not be worth the extra bucks.
    Happy 2 Wheeler!