GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default transfer case problems

my transfer case hits the bottom of my floor when i jump on the gas and turn left..the truck is a 88 full size 4x4 lowerd and very fast..all the mounts seem to be good

Simple physics my friend... Your truck is lowered, so there isn't as much play room under the body. Your transfer case, along with the transmission and motor are bolted to the frame, and while mounts are used, they to torque some when you stomp into it raising one side of the transfer case up. The front driveshaft comes out of the drivers side of the transfer case, while the main driveshaft is the pivot. When you make a sharp corner, the body starts rolling on the frame because of the immense centrifigual forces are driving the body towards the outside of the turn. So, when you turn hard to the left while stomping on it, you have several things working to drive that transfer case into the cab with you, and all are the result of something you've done or are doing, be it lowering it, or stomping on it while trying to turn left...
    Christopher

1991 Chevy Suburban 1/2 ton 2WD w/ chevy SBC 350-3/4 ton drivetrain upgrade w/4.10 gears 200K miles
    2005 Saturn ION-2 Stock 265K miles
    1982 Bronco, 1993 Bronco (sold), 1971 M35A2 Deuce and a Half

There are 10 kinds of people, those who understand binary, and those who dont...

Remember kids, the only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down- Adam Savage

i agree with above---check your mounts and see if any are bad.or swap to solid mounts or get a race car and race you 4x4.......mike
    Michael Collins
    1993 4X4 Suburban
    many other toys as well

the truck never had this problem until about a month ago...it just started doing this one day...as for racing...i did that on an asphalt oval for 20 years...now i have kids,wife,house trucks...but still gotta have some fun..right ?...lol