GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default 4x4 Disengaging Transfer Case Problems

Notice my truck slips out of 4x4. I have to hold it in every time. No idea why.

It's a 93 Silverado. Anyone know where I should start? What other info would help diagnose it?

I did rebuild the tranny 4000 miles ago. I don't know if it slipped out before since I bought the truck with a bad tranny. I crawled under it about 2 weeks ago to see if I could find anything looste or broke. Don't see anything. I took off the linkage from the shifter to the transfer case and tried adjusting it. Didn't change anything - still slips out.

I know if fully engages each time because the light comes on and it crawls out of what Im stuck in (wet grass - oh ya, I'm a bad boy).

Wet grass? That's the problem, it feels ashamed. :D
    I like all dogs I meet, and some people too.

So do I when I have someone watching.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilpig View Post
    So do I when I have someone watching.
    Admitting it is the first step. Lol.
    2006 Silverado 1500 5.3L ecsb Z71,afe pro s dry air filter, color matched tailgate handle and bezel,color matched front bow tie, led interior illumination, 5000K HID lows, Black powder coated wheels, Blacked out body side moldings, Rough Country 2.5" level/lift kit, Magnaflow muffler

As in "slip" do you mean it eases out of 4x4 and grinds some? Or it jerks out and the shifter gets knocked back hard? When going into 4x4 is it hard to get it to engage and lock in or do you feel a force while changing? Sorry for all the here and there questions just trying to gather enough so it's a quick answer.

- - - Updated - - -

Also does the truck have a body lift of any sort on it. And lastly does the shifter line up with the corresponding marks on the indicator on the floor?
    2009 Silvia~Superlift 6"~DropStars~Nitto Trail Graps~FSOR Catback~Madtunes Racing~4.10 gears~cleared headlights~hi-6

NNBS SILVERADO BUILD