GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Winter weather this weekend in North Texas? Sleet, Snow, Ice? I love it

It's still November, so snow, ice and sleet will be fun for a week or two I think. Looks like we're in for a bit of a cold snap ... but they keep changing the forecast quite a bit. Looks warmer than it had been listed just 24 hours ago.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	10 Day Weather Forecast.png 
Views:	23 
Size:	69.9 KB 
ID:	56302

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    * I've been saying for years that I was going to change my username, and I finally did.

must be nice, its 27 here in northern Oklahoma, windchil of 18 with the moderate Oklahoma breeze of 30 mph, and a band of freezing rain and sleet crossing I 35 at this time heading west, the snow dropping in on Monday, I think it will be above freezing by next Tuesday by at least a few degrees.
    Life is short compared to history

Rick (summitwhite11)

Forecast to be only in the 20's here on Sunday.
    2006 Silverado 1500 5.3L ecsb Z71,afe pro s dry air filter, color matched tailgate handle and bezel,color matched front bow tie, led interior illumination, 5000K HID lows, Black powder coated wheels, Blacked out body side moldings, Rough Country 2.5" level/lift kit, Magnaflow muffler

OK City is usually about 5 degrees colder than DFW for most of the year, including the winter. Doesn't surprise me at all that you're colder up there. I'd love a nice cold snap actually, supposed to be a cold winter this year.

Those in the north get that deep freezer kind of cold, burrrrrrr.

They dropped it again. Supposed to get hit hard tonight. Hit some cracking fire logs and enjoying that while reading to the kiddos. Tomorrow should be fun. I'm supposed to be in dallas on Monday afternoon for a 3 pm meeting, so we'll see how crazy it gets.

Round two this next week.

I hear that, it gets cold with snow/ice starting wednesday night around here. below freezing for the highs thru the weekend so they say, burrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

It's been just over freezing here. Just enough to melt 90% of the ice. However the overpasses are another story. They started to melt ... Now they're freezing again. Traffic is just about as bad right now over the region as I've ever seen anywhere in the us.