GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Intermittent Turn Signal Failure 1997 Suburban

I have a 1997 Suburban.
    Left turn signal works sometimes and sometimes it doesn't within the same trip. When I plug in my trailer, it always works.
    Thoughts?
    Thanks

Look and check your grounds it sounds like wen u plug your trailer in its giving it a solid ground from trailer so i would start with checkin grounds

Quote Originally Posted by dw6171624 View Post
    Look and check your grounds it sounds like wen u plug your trailer in its giving it a solid ground from trailer so i would start with checkin grounds
    Do you know where is the ground on the back of the suburban?

No i dont a haynes or chilton should tell u

It eventually started affecting left and right both. Always after driving a while. Changed the flasher relay. Seems to have fixed it.

I have the same problem on my 98. Also works fine when I plug into 7-pin of my camper. The circuit boards of these tailights are notorious for going bad. First to go was my right then my left. Am now looking into a quality replacement set of stock looking LED tailights. Have seen them ranging from about $140 a set on ebay to about $300 from LMCtruck.

Quote Originally Posted by 98BIGBLOCKBURB View Post
    I have the same problem on my 98. Also works fine when I plug into 7-pin of my camper. The circuit boards of these tailights are notorious for going bad. First to go was my right then my left. Am now looking into a quality replacement set of stock looking LED tailights. Have seen them ranging from about $140 a set on ebay to about $300 from LMCtruck.
    Try changing your flasher relay first. $15.00 part. Mine have worked without a problem since changing the relay.