GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by

Default Rebuild or replace

Just wonding on yalls thoughts of when to rebuild the motor or would you replace it with new i have 212000 miles and runs like a champ just trying to plan ahead camt wait to hear yalls opinions

Quote Originally Posted by dw6171624 View Post
    Just wonding on yalls thoughts of when to rebuild the motor or would you replace it with new i have 212000 miles and runs like a champ just trying to plan ahead camt wait to hear yalls opinions
    depending on the condition. you can rebuild the engine and do a valve job cheaper than buying another engine if you have the knowledge and tools to DIY. If you want to get a little feisty, have a machine shop do a little port work and buy a little bigger cam, spring and lifter kit too. 8)
    Chuckie!!!

Now thinkin bout it i could prolly get it rebuild and add some goodies for about the same price as new id hope

Now thinkin bout it i could prolly get it rebuild and add some goodies for about the same price as new id hope
    do you have ratchet, wrenches, and a torque wrench?

Everything but a torque wrench i could do it my self most likely but my schedule is hectic

i have 212000 miles and runs like a champ just trying to plan ahead camt wait to hear yalls opinions
    Don't know what ya have, but my last 4.3 had 360,000 and my only 4.2 had 240,000 and a 2.8 was well over 200,000. All were still working very well when sold.
    Ray

'09 Avalanche LTZ - Black
    '05 Envoy XL (sold)

I got 212000 on mine smoke no knock but u no 200k is still alota wear and tear

Its a 350 or 5.7 however u wanna say it

200k is still alota wear and tear
    Not really, with proper maintenance and without abuse, 200,000 is not a lot of wear and tear. I've heard of Chev 350's being torn down after 300,000 and there was very little wear.

Of course, a lot of factors have to be considered. How did the miles accumulate (highway/city)? did the truck do a lot of towing? Etc, etc.

Well i got the truck with 200 k and its lifted 6 inches with 37s so i have a feeiling there will be were

Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by