GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by

Default Thanksgiving Travel

Anyone traveling this Thanksgiving more than 50-75 miles from home. I will be staying local and heading to the in laws for the feast. About 3 miles. The weather people are talking a possible Nor'easter for Wednesday into Wednesday night. I hope not for those that will be traveling the eastern seaboard.
    2006 Silverado 1500 5.3L ecsb Z71,afe pro s dry air filter, color matched tailgate handle and bezel,color matched front bow tie, led interior illumination, 5000K HID lows, Black powder coated wheels, Blacked out body side moldings, Rough Country 2.5" level/lift kit, Magnaflow muffler

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

Well I am off Wed night into Thur Morn, but doing my Md Route Thur night I might go to the parade in NYC Thur morn IF it's above 40 degrees.. Other then that No plans..

Happy Turkey day to all!!
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

Sherman is right about 100 miles.

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    * I've been saying for years that I was going to change my username, and I finally did.

I don't plan on traveling until Christmas time. Going back to Oklahoma to see my family
    Chuckie!!!

I think these days you are pretty lucky if you don't have to travel very far to see relatives for the holidays.

This year we (my entire family - me and my family, my brother and his family, and my parents) will be visiting my aunt and uncle (dad's brother and sister-in-law) for Thanksgiving. It's a bigger endeavour than most will do for the holidays. My parents and my family live in Springfield, OR. My brother lives in Corvallis, OR. My aunt and uncle live just outside of Battle Ground, WA. I work in Hillsboro, OR, and have to come up for work the day before Thanksgiving. I will get off work Thursday morning, take a three or four hour nap and then drive over to Battle Ground. The rest of my family is coming from Springfield and Corvallis. Of course, I then have to go back to work (although I did arrange to come in late) that evening, and the rest of my family all has to drive back home.

Pray that the driving is uneventful for all of us.
    csltrains96
    Myself, my beautiful wife
    3 - boys
    3 - minivans
    1 - '89 Chevy K2500 Silverado Truck
    1 - 27 foot travel trailer
    Not enough family time!

I'll be making the 5-hr / 300-mile drive down to Houston.
    Clint (TX) 2001 Silverado LS 4.8L auto 2wd ECSB [GARAGE]
    Gasoline or gunpowder: If you ain't burning one, you ain't having fun!
    NRA Endowment Member 5 24 48 88 - Hendrick Motorsports FTW!

not doing anything for thanksgiving, I do have a cousin thats getting married the 28th of December, so im driving about 6 hours for that, then moving back to Minnesota in February, that will be a multi day trip pulling my trailer.

Alex

2011 GMC Sierra SLE 5.3 Z71 4X4 Stealth Gray Metallic / 2004 Chevy Impala LS 3.8 Cappuccino

Tow mirrors - Diablew Tuned - Flowmaster Regular 40 - Ready Lift 2.5' lift - BFG LT A/T K/Os - Carr Light Wing - TruckLite LED lights - Optima Red Top - 50% Front Window Tint - Line-X bedliner - Airaid MIT - Tekonsha P2 - ARS Billet Grill - Fia custom fit seat covers

Lol a couple good friends of ours are getting married the same day in tulsa, ok lol

Not this year. 2 out of my 3 kids have stuff going on all the way through wednesday evening so we have to stay here. But my wife and oldest traveled yesterday from southern New Mexico to Wichita, KS. I knew the stretch on I-40 between Amarillo and OKC was going to be rough and lo and behold she got stuck for a few hours due to ice/accidents. But thankfully, they made it safe, albeit 4 hours late... I am usually deployed for the holidays (just my luck) so this year I am just happy to be home with the family.

Turns out not going to Sherman after all. Going to brother in laws place about 5 miles away.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by