GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Biggest tires that I can fit under a 3 inch body lift.

I know this is a frequently asked question but I haven't seen many for a suburban. What is the biggest tire size I could fit under either a 3 inch or a 2 inch body lift. The truck is a 1998 4x4 and everything is stock. I'm trying to decide whether to even get the kit. I'm hoping to get 315s because my friend is running 315s on his stock 95 chevy silverado. Otherwise my next plan is 305s. If anyone has any pictures please post them. Also if you already have insurance on your vehicle and then get a lift, do you then have to report it to your insurance company and if so does your monthly cost go up. Thanks.
    Last edited by 1972chevyman; 11-23-2013 at 07:45 PM. Reason: Had some questions about insurance

Whether it is a 2 or 4 wheel drive will make a difference. Here is a link to another thread with some good resources. Greg

http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...ft-Requirement

Another good chart:

http://www.superlift.com/tire_chart/chart.asp

Not sure if they will have exactly what you are looking for but should give you a good idea/rough start.

How big do you want to go?

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    * I've been saying for years that I was going to change my username, and I finally did.

[QUOTE=I'm hoping to get 315s because my friend is running 315s on his stock 95 chevy silverado. Otherwise my next plan is 305s.[/QUOTE]

They would be 315/75/r16