GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tinted Tails

Default Tinted Tails

I am sure there has been topic on this but I cant seem to find it -

Does anyone have a link or the how-to on tinting the tails on a 2008 GMC Sierra. I traded in a 2007 Dodge Ram...hated that ram!

I recommend taking it to a window tinting shop. This way they can tint the lights instead of painting them. Plus it's done by a professional so it will be a clean install and a safe one. Might be expensive, but what isn't? Thats my advice.

2006 Chevy Silverado 1500 2WD EXT Cab
    4.3L V6 Vortec, K&N Drop-In, Flowmaster Super 44,
    3" Exhaust tip, 22" Boss #331 Rims, Clifford 50.5x Alarm,
    Escalade Gauges, DJM Leveling Kit, Billet grill, All JL Audio Speakers,
    300XD MTX amp, Two 10" Alpine SWE-1042 subs

-Check out my photo album!

Quote Originally Posted by no0b123 View Post
    I recommend taking it to a window tinting shop. This way they can tint the lights instead of painting them. Plus it's done by a professional so it will be a clean install and a safe one. Might be expensive, but what isn't? Thats my advice.
    I had a local shop put limo tint on my ram and I also had them do it to the sierra....I have had cops mention its to dark but never got a fix it ticket...

I may go back to that shop and see how dark they think i can get away with on the tails and 3rd brake light.

Cant be too costly - it was only a 100 for all the windows on the sierra crew cab.

There is an article in the current issue of "Sport Truck" magazine that shows exactly "how to" do this, prep' through painting. Good luck!

2010 Z/71 Colorado C/C
    Black 4X4 w/5.3L V8
    ===============
    2007 Winnebago Adventurer
    w/8.1L Chevy & Allison 6spd.
    Canyon Lake, Texas

I just bought a set from a guy in Palm Springs, CA. They look great. I can give you his info and send you some pics if you'd like. They were like $140.

Quote Originally Posted by Undisputed View Post
    I just bought a set from a guy in Palm Springs, CA. They look great. I can give you his info and send you some pics if you'd like. They were like $140.

Sure...sounds good.

Pics would be great!

GMTruckClub members receive discounts off our normal rates! PM me for quotes! Check out our Films gallery - updated with over 200 Hydro Dip films!

If it can be painted - it can be Hydro Dipped!

Get the Gorilla!

gorilladip.com

sales@gorilladip.com

Quote Originally Posted by sstoner911 View Post

Does anyone have a link or the how-to on tinting the tails on a 2008 GMC Sierra. I traded in a 2007 Dodge Ram...hated that ram!
    I have a friend that has a newer mustang that tinted his.He did it himself with a kit that he ordered off of the net.He said it wasnt expensive either and real easy to do.Have you tried to search it on google.I know that is how he found his.

Quote Originally Posted by 97burban View Post
    I have a friend that has a newer mustang that tinted his.He did it himself with a kit that he ordered off of the net.He said it wasnt expensive either and real easy to do.Have you tried to search it on google.I know that is how he found his.

I ll see what I can find ....thanks!

GMTruckClub members receive discounts off our normal rates! PM me for quotes! Check out our Films gallery - updated with over 200 Hydro Dip films!

Get the Gorilla!

gorilladip.com

sales@gorilladip.com

Quote Originally Posted by sstoner911 View Post

i like dodge....

when i was thinking about doing my celicas taillights i looked up a few how-to videos on youtube, just a thought if you are still interested in doing it yourself

Quote Originally Posted by sheep View Post
    i like dodge....

when i was thinking about doing my celicas taillights i looked up a few how-to videos on youtube, just a thought if you are still interested in doing it yourself

My ram was ok..it was a 2007 but it did not ride nearly as well as the GMC nor are the seats as comfortable. Also when I drove down the dirt road to my house the drivers door would actually fle away from the frame and rattle. Dodge of course couldnt find anything wrong.

Get the Gorilla!

gorilladip.com

sales@gorilladip.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast