GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 Last Post byLast Post by

Quote Originally Posted by Pikey View Post
    yea, pure salt in Michigan also. It stinks. I drive over in Ontario often, only being 45 minutes from the Canadian border. They use sand over there. First, the traction created by it is great. Second, your truck looks awesome after driving thru it and parking it at a hotel over night. I came out and it looked like I just waxed it.

I wash my truck every time I drive it in the snow. "We will take your van" is something I utter very often in winter.
    That sand is mixed with salt...plus we use that brine liquid crap too....not many rust free vehicles up here.

1997 GMC

Quote Originally Posted by poncho62 View Post
    That sand is mixed with salt...plus we use that brine liquid crap too....not many rust free vehicles up here.
    It has been some time since I have been over to Windsor. No one was using brine last time I was there.

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

Just no! I hate the cold.

Quote Originally Posted by 01SilveradoBeast View Post
    Just no! I hate the cold.
    The way I see it is if I am going to be freezing my butt off in 15 degree weather (without wind chill) Then there should be snow on the ground! Cold with no snow = sucks, cold with snow=

5. Likes jsmith4816 liked this post

I've always thought that. No sense in cold weather if it isn't gonna snow.

We're actually having some flurries right now but not sticking!
    95 S10 LS 5 speed ext cab 2wd "work truck"
    3/3 static _ Spectre Air Filter _ Punched out cat _ Glasspack>

99 S10 Xtreme 3rd door, 5 speed 4.3 VIN W
    Hurst Short Throw Shifter _
    American Racing wheels (275/60/15; 215/70/15) _ Sub/Amp/Stereo _ TB Mod>

First freezing rain of the season this morning. Woke to a dusting of snow, by 8:am, everything was covered in ice. Warmed by noon and things melted, calling for rain and 13 deg c (55 deg f) tomorrow.
    Ray

'09 Avalanche LTZ - Black
    '05 Envoy XL (sold)

Just spent an extra 45 minutes added to my 2 hour drive home from work because people decide to do half the speed limit with a dusting on the road.. This is just another reason why I hate winter... And its only just begun.

2011 Silverado CrewCab 5.3L*Ram Air Look Cowl Induction Reflexxion Hood*6" Pro Comp Lift*Flowmaster Dual exhaust*Perfect Launch Rear Diff. Cover*Led Smoke Taillights*L.E.D.Smoke 3rd Brakelight*60" L.E.D. Tailgate Bar*Rearview Mirror Reverse Camera and Sensors*Smoke Headlight Covers*Front Bumper Grill Insert*Deezee Black Alum. Diamond Rail covers*20" Ultra Motorsports Rims wrapped with 35.5"B.F. Goodrich Tires*Inchannel Raingaurds*CAI*Bullydog GT Tuner*Alpine Amp*Boss 6x9's*Boston Acoustic Subs*Terrantula Tweeters*Custom Sub box*Red Led Interior Accents*5% Ultimacool duo tint rear window and doors, 20% front doors*Custom Vinyl Graphics*Demolded*Debadged*Painted drums and calipers*
    Future Mods Include: Custom Interior Hydrographics, Electronic Rollup Toneau Cover, 4.56 Gears, Painted rear bumper

@Pikey smart thinking. I used to get the club deal too back when i wasas in high school. Not anymore, I got sick of skiing the same hill all the time. Now if I do, I head north to the bigger hills to the point where I dont get bored. However, new to this area so ive got a few different hills to choose from.
    -K&N Air Filter

Quote Originally Posted by jsmith4816 View Post
    @Pikey smart thinking. I used to get the club deal too back when i wasas in high school. Not anymore, I got sick of skiing the same hill all the time. Now if I do, I head north to the bigger hills to the point where I dont get bored. However, new to this area so ive got a few different hills to choose from.
    To find any "decent" skiing in Michigan you have to drive at least 5 hours north. I would rather just drive to NY. IT takes 5 hours and you can ski Mt. Holiday. The first time I skied was in Vermont. It was a great place to learn to ski. It took me about 2.5 hours for my first run. But, by the time I got to the bottom I knew what I was doing. Here in Michigan people think that they are skiing when they go strait down a garbage hill without falling. In Vermont if you went straight down a hill, you were dead! I hate skiing here. It is really boring. I usually get kicked out because I get bored and ski out of bounds because that is they only thing challenging that is here. I would love to ski Colorado.

Very true. Thats the case at bittersweet by Kalamazoo. You get bored so fast you start to break the rules and get booted by ski patrol. My cousin and I are trying to plan a trip east, just trying to figure the best days. I would love to go to Colorado but that will just have to wait a few years