GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 3 123 Last Post byLast Post by

Default Hope everyone is ready for the cold weather

Well guys, I think that it is finally here. Last week it was in the 50's and now highs of 30's. Today they said with the wind chill it was 8 degrees. I hope everyone has their winter prep done. I guess modding season is officially over.

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

As ready as I can be. Had a high temp yesterday of 20 degrees. Wood stove is going,lawn furniture is picked up. Modding is over unless you have a heated garage or live in a warmer area.
    2006 Silverado 1500 5.3L ecsb Z71,afe pro s dry air filter, color matched tailgate handle and bezel,color matched front bow tie, led interior illumination, 5000K HID lows, Black powder coated wheels, Blacked out body side moldings, Rough Country 2.5" level/lift kit, Magnaflow muffler

1997 GMC

And let Ski season begin!!!!
    -K&N Air Filter

Quote Originally Posted by jsmith4816 View Post
    And let Ski season begin!!!!
    lol, Last year my sons's school did a thing with pine knob where you got a membership for $80, then each week you could get an all day lift ticket on mondays for $20. I am glad that I did not do it. There was hardly any snow there all year. I live a few miles from pine knob and the hill was mostly green all last winter. I am glad I did not spring for one of their unlimited passes. I think they are around $500. those people got screwed last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Pikey View Post
    Well guys, I think that it is finally here. Last week it was in the 50's and now highs of 30's. Today they said with the wind chill it was 8 degrees. I hope everyone has their winter prep done. I guess modding season is officially over.
    Dont even get me started!!! Winter SUCKS!!!!

2011 Silverado CrewCab 5.3L*Ram Air Look Cowl Induction Reflexxion Hood*6" Pro Comp Lift*Flowmaster Dual exhaust*Perfect Launch Rear Diff. Cover*Led Smoke Taillights*L.E.D.Smoke 3rd Brakelight*60" L.E.D. Tailgate Bar*Rearview Mirror Reverse Camera and Sensors*Smoke Headlight Covers*Front Bumper Grill Insert*Deezee Black Alum. Diamond Rail covers*20" Ultra Motorsports Rims wrapped with 35.5"B.F. Goodrich Tires*Inchannel Raingaurds*CAI*Bullydog GT Tuner*Alpine Amp*Boss 6x9's*Boston Acoustic Subs*Terrantula Tweeters*Custom Sub box*Red Led Interior Accents*5% Ultimacool duo tint rear window and doors, 20% front doors*Custom Vinyl Graphics*Demolded*Debadged*Painted drums and calipers*
    Future Mods Include: Custom Interior Hydrographics, Electronic Rollup Toneau Cover, 4.56 Gears, Painted rear bumper

7. Likes zuki82 liked this post

I'm ready for some snow. Not cold weather though. Just had to work outside in 28 degree weather all day.

Then comes the dang salt they throw on the roads that makes a huge mess. I can't stand it.

I wish they used sand, much more better.

Do plows throw down salt or sand where you guys live?
    95 S10 LS 5 speed ext cab 2wd "work truck"
    3/3 static _ Spectre Air Filter _ Punched out cat _ Glasspack>

99 S10 Xtreme 3rd door, 5 speed 4.3 VIN W
    Hurst Short Throw Shifter _
    American Racing wheels (275/60/15; 215/70/15) _ Sub/Amp/Stereo _ TB Mod>

Quote Originally Posted by 95_5spd View Post
    I'm ready for some snow. Not cold weather though. Just had to work outside in 28 degree weather all day.

Then comes the dang salt they throw on the roads that makes a huge mess. I can't stand it.

I wish they used sand, much more better.

Do plows throw down salt or sand where you guys live?
    Pure salt here. And some type of liquid they spray on the salt at the spreader which makes it work at a lower temp. I guess they can't use the liquid when temps are above 25. On the interstate roads up in Vermont, they have 18 wheel tankers that spray it right before it starts snowing. Keeps the snow from sticking and packing on the road. We just had some squalls over the weekend and now all the roads are white with salt residue.

Quote Originally Posted by BRB46 View Post
    Pure salt here. And some type of liquid they spray on the salt at the spreader which makes it work at a lower temp. I guess they can't use the liquid when temps are above 25. On the interstate roads up in Vermont, they have 18 wheel tankers that spray it right before it starts snowing. Keeps the snow from sticking and packing on the road. We just had some squalls over the weekend and now all the roads are white with salt residue.
    I hate it. Makes me cringe when i see it all over my truck. I try and give the frame a hose off every time it snows and i drive it.

Quote Originally Posted by BRB46 View Post
    yea, pure salt in Michigan also. It stinks. I drive over in Ontario often, only being 45 minutes from the Canadian border. They use sand over there. First, the traction created by it is great. Second, your truck looks awesome after driving thru it and parking it at a hotel over night. I came out and it looked like I just waxed it.

Quote Originally Posted by 95_5spd View Post
    I hate it. Makes me cringe when i see it all over my truck. I try and give the frame a hose off every time it snows and i drive it.
    I wash my truck every time I drive it in the snow. "We will take your van" is something I utter very often in winter.

Page 1 of 3 123 Last Post byLast Post by