GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I need to move

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

Legend

Blog Entries

Or even a video with sound ?!?!

btw Glenn...great emoticons lately

Mike (Denver, CO) - 2008 Sierra 1500 Z71 SLE 5.3L 4WD

SUSPENSION: Rancho 4" Suspension Lift; Rancho RS9000XL Shocks; Rancho Skid Plates; Rancho MyRide Wireless Shock Controller;
    TIRES:
    BFG All Terrain KO 315/70/17
    DRIVE TRAIN: 4.56 Gears; Detroit TrueTrac Differential; True Cool 40k Transmission Cooler
    PERFORMANCE: DiableSport Predator Tuner; Custom Tuned by Diablew; Magnaflow Exhaust; AFE Cold Air Intake
    ELECTRONICS: Kenwood DNX6180 Touchscreen; Subthump box w/10" Kicker; Driver Information Center (DIC); Rear View Camera
    ACCESSORIES: Westin Brush/Grill Gaurd; Westin Nerf Bars; Truxedo Tonneau; 20% Tint; Tow Mirrors w/Heat & Signals

Been Air Force for over 20 years and I've been stationed all over the world and at quite a few fighter bases and the jet noise, or sounds of freedom as they're referred to here at Holloman, doesn't bother me all that much most of the time. Here at Holloman we have the F-22s and they are NOTORIOUS for sonic booms. At all hours of the day/night. Makes my wife and pets jump something awful They're so bad they've broken windows and will knock stuff off shelves/walls. It's a small price to pay though if you ask me.

Quote Originally Posted by Enkeiavalanche View Post
    I'm working on it. I get off too late. I will try to snap a few tomorrow. its overcast today. and drizzling.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tbplus10 View Post
    Dont want to be a prick but being retired US navy aircrew Ive always been a fan of the banner painted across the the front of Hanger 1 at Atsugi Naval Air Station "Pardon our Jet noise, its the sound of Freedom"
    But being a previous Hampton Roads resident Im glad yo see you said "I gotta move" not the standard Hampton Roads "The Military needs to move its base" since the Military airbases in the Tidewater area are some of the oldest and were built on marsh lands in unpopulated areas that chose to grow around them over the years.

Why should they move. They are there to protect our freedoms from threats both domestic and foreign. And they were here first.

B-52's are a helluva lot worse.....

I got to wath the F-15's doing there FCF after maint......go from level flight to 33,000ft in about 15 seconds........that was loud too.....

Quote Originally Posted by Camaro69car View Post
    the worst part of living by Langley AFB is having a migrane. Listening to fighters doing "Touch-and-go's" all day long gets old real quick.

Just thought I'd share. I really should snap a few pics for y'all. Not many people get to say they see jets flying every day.
    Blank slate....work in progress....
    95 Chevy 5.7L 2wd...no mods..yet
    Resto project.

Like I alluded to, most residents of that area believe the bases are an intrusion and should move, its rare to see a resident that says "I mightve picked the wrong place to live".
    Not to change the subject here but do you ever visit Langley Speedway? I raced a Bomber class car on that track for 2 seasons 98 and 99. One of the best asphault tracks I ever ran on.

Quote Originally Posted by tbplus10 View Post
    Like I alluded to, most residents of that area believe the bases are an intrusion and should move, its rare to see a resident that says "I mightve picked the wrong place to live".
    Not to change the subject here but do you ever visit Langley Speedway? I raced a Bomber class car on that track for 2 seasons 98 and 99. One of the best asphault tracks I ever ran on.

havent had the chance to yet. been tied up at work. went to 3 different sites in 4 days.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12